I have to talk POLISH!

Does anybody know the genetics behind the black body and the white head? I'm new to polish so am doing my homework.
smile.png

Got my first polish chicks of the year, letting these 2 dry off in an incubator and waiting for the rest to hatch, can see 4 more piping already!!!!!!!:weee :fl
This one a wc black, blue or cuckoo ;)

Mum was WC black and dad could have been:
WC blue, 2 WC cuckoo's or WC black Frizzle.
Mum was the only hen laying at the time

Last edited:
Hi ihavechickens2, I think you cockerel would do quite well. He has no white in his body feathers, white earlobes, small butterfly of black at the front of the crest, big tail feathers and crest, you could probably give his crest a wash.
I think he would do well.

[COLOR=800000]Hello Y'all! Got a question for ya..I am wanting to breed pure polish lines. I already have gold laced polish hens, so what can I breed to these girls other than gold too, to still have pure lines (colors) that are sop accepted. I also want to get other colors going too, but I would like to be able to keep all in the same pen.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=4B0082]Can anyone help me with colors that will be good to breed together in the same pen and about genetics for this breed. I want pures and sq to start with. Thanks!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=DAA520]I'm a visual person so if you can post pictures that would help me ALOT![/COLOR]
Hi, some one I know had a group of Gold laced, Silver laced and Buff laced (chamois) I'm pretty sure she got all pure colours out of them, I think if you were to breed any of these 3 laced colours together you would get pure coloured chicks.

[COLOR=800000]Hello Y'all! Got a question for ya..I am wanting to breed pure polish lines. I already have gold laced polish hens, so what can I breed to these girls other than gold too, to still have pure lines (colors) that are sop accepted. I also want to get other colors going too, but I would like to be able to keep all in the same pen.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=4B0082]Can anyone help me with colors that will be good to breed together in the same pen and about genetics for this breed. I want pures and sq to start with. Thanks!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=DAA520]I'm a visual person so if you can post pictures that would help me ALOT![/COLOR]
Hi, some one I know had a group of Gold laced, Silver laced and Buff laced (chamois) I'm pretty sure she got all pure colours out of them, I think if you were to breed any of these 3 laced colours together you would get pure coloured chicks.

When I crossed my Buff Laced Polish to my Golden Laced Polish hen I raised a Buff Laced Polish rooster from them.

I crossed him this (Buff Laced Polish rooster) with my Easter Egger hens and here is one of the babies that I got.

Last edited:
i have a question...i have two gold laced polish hens. i want to get at least 2 more, or more hens and a rooster around april. so what colors should i get that would be pretty with the hens i already have?

i want pure lines and i don't want to get some really wacky colors, my hens that i have now are pure. i just love all the colors that i am seeing, so please be honest and forthcoming! i want to learn...thanks!!
If you are starting off with gold lace you best stick with breeding them to gold lace.

buff lace to gold laced yields birds that look buff laced but with black ink spotting in the feathers which means those offspring will produce gold lace even though they look buff laced.

crossing to silver you'll get pure silver pullets but the males will be crossed for gold and silver.

If you are starting off with gold lace you best stick with breeding them to gold lace.

buff lace to gold laced yields birds that look buff laced but with black ink spotting in the feathers which means those offspring will produce gold lace even though they look buff laced.

crossing to silver you'll get pure silver pullets but the males will be crossed for gold and silver.
My rooster that I raised out of the Golden Laced hen didn't have any black spots.

Back
Top Bottom