I have to talk POLISH!

Speaking from years experience of trying both trimming front crest feathers and also tying the crest up, I much prefer the trimming option. Tying up a crest can be done too tight, or too off-center, and thus be irritating for the bird. Also, if you have chances of a mucky and/or rainy winter, their crests will get dirty and heavy fast.

Goose is a nice looking Tolbunt!

Also, love the EE cross. I've had so many Polish based EE's but so far no blue ones yet, despite using blue Wheaten parents from time to time.

Edited to add - That unknown gendered SL chick looks like a boy so far, but if I were you I'd wait it out a wee bit longer just to be sure.
Thanks, I love Goose, despite the fact that she earned that name by honking nonstop. She's a riot.

Here are the two blues from the SL roo and Egger cross. So far they are turning out pretty, we'll see how they look as they grow up.

Thanks flynntheduck, sadly, we had an abundance of roos this year. Now I get the hard job of choosing who stays.

That's my faaavorite job, honestly. Tolbunt males are so much harder to pick than females because they express more flaws than them, so it's fun to figure out who I want to keep. I especially like seeing them grow up, since I usually don't get rid of my top choices until they're old enough to see how they finish out. The last things I judge are weight and overall type as well as white tail and secondary feathers, so, it's fun seeing who makes the best cut once everyone's become a "man."

I know who I'd choose if they were my only options.
hide.gif

Really? I'll have to go out and look at that one again. ack. Thank you.

Edit: That does look awful in the picture. Off to stare at my bird.

Last edited:
I hope it's just that one pose, for your sake. I've had that fear a lot, in fact I've even had birds with wry tail before. So when birds cock it to the side a little, I'm always keeping a third eye out for them in case it's not just a momentary odd pose, heh.

Back
Top Bottom