I have to talk POLISH!

This is my first time having polish. Here are my 3, at 5 weeks old. The black one, Fireball, started out being quick as lighting, but now prefers to sleep and hang out under the heat. Any guesses on gender?

Replying to FlockofBantams and Myohippus - Having done some study of chick down related to color, Myohippus (love your name, by the way), did your chick have spots on the back and were they center spots or side by side if it did? Usually any type of side by side coloration on the back will lead to a patterned bird: Laced, Partridge, Wild Type and any other variant there of depending on the genetics. Keep us posted tho with photo's, will be interesting to see how it turns out!
Thanks My red crested reds are all most two years old now i don't remember exactly what the back look like i just remember the two spots on the back of the head that were vertical. here are the picks i took of the red crested reds though. I bought 3 of each color the hatchery ha except for bcw and i was suppose to get 3 black crested whites but instead i got 3 white crested blues i was so disappointed. But any way i ended up with two hen and a roo of the red crested reds. the buff laced ones i got didn't have any spots at all though.

Last edited:
here are the others when they were chicks also

Gold laced chick

Silver laced chick

white crested blue

buff laced

silver laced

gold laced

silver laced

buff laced

gold laced

white crested blues

white crested blue

Last edited:
here are the others when they were chicks also

Gold laced chick

Silver laced chick

white crested blue

buff laced

silver laced

gold laced

silver laced

buff laced

gold laced

white crested blues

white crested blue
They're all so adorable!! I really need to find a camera cord so I can show off what my babies looked like when they were little!

Thanks My red crested reds are all most two years old now i don't remember exactly what the back look like i just remember the two spots on the back of the head that were vertical. here are the picks i took of the red crested reds though. I bought 3 of each color the hatchery ha except for bcw and i was suppose to get 3 black crested whites but instead i got 3 white crested blues i was so disappointed. But any way i ended up with two hen and a roo of the red crested reds. the buff laced ones i got didn't have any spots at all though.

They are cute. Is red crested red a new variety? Neat color. I hope you didn't get charged the same price for white crested blue as for black crested white. I would be disappointed to if I had ordered something like that and gotten a substitution instead.

K Epp - really hard to tell with that hair. I have put mine, while under close supervision, with a rooster and let him tell me who was what by his actions, might be worth a try...If you have a rooster that is fairly mellow with other males and won't hurt them.
Also check the back by the tail to see if there are any saddle feathers getting started. They might be too young still, but worth a shot

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom