I have to talk POLISH!

Where are you located?
wink.png
Give it another week and I may bring them to you...

Alright this bird has officially confused me. My other polish pullets have no red comb coming in and they are about a month older. Also we put these guys in with the rest of the flock and the 1st thing this one does is charge my head Roo.
The crest has been the most perfect filling in of all of them. but now I'm just thrown off by what looks like a comb coming in.
What do y'all think?

Alright this bird has officially confused me. My other polish pullets have no red comb coming in and they are about a month older. Also we put these guys in with the rest of the flock and the 1st thing this one does is charge my head Roo.
The crest has been the most perfect filling in of all of them. but now I'm just thrown off by what looks like a comb coming in.
What do y'all think?
Looks like a pullet to me.

X2, roo's feathers would be sticking up all over the place by now.
This is my first full year with adult polish and raising chicks, and I am horrible at sexing them, but in my experiences that one would grow into a roo. I sold some that looked like that as pullets, then had to trade for them 2 months later when they started crowing. I thought the full round crest and no spiky feather meant pullet, but not always. Some of my roos will have very heavy and long flowing crests that will make them look like a pullet until they are about 3 months old. Usually my first indicator is if I can't see the eyes any more, it's a pullet. But like I said, this is only my first year breeding, so I'm sure a lot of you guys are much better than me. I have 19 right now that are 7 weeks old and I'm still not absolutely certain on most of them. I wish I did know how to sex them sooner, because it would make them much easier to sell

Back
Top Bottom