I hit an all time low tonight.. but am getting better!

What would you need to start? Which would you prefer to start on how about my horse
wink.png

Bammony -
love.gif
and massive hugs coming at you sweetheart... tis terrible indeed to lose ones feathered family... but rest assured we are all here for you.... sorry to hear things have been so togh for you... I will keep you in my prayers xx

I too would be honoured to have some skteches done of my chickens, peacock and horse... will PM you xx

Quote:
The OP is a loving woman, whom I have had contact with for quite a while, and I can GUARANTEE she is not punishing that child. And yes the 9 year old was responsible for locking the coop. How else does a child learn? If you never give them responsiblities, and allow them to fail, how do they learn? That boy has learned something tonight. And it will stay with him for a good long time.

Amen. Children will occasionally mess up. But unless they are given real, important responsibilities, they will never learn how to handle responsibility - and then accept happily - greater responsibilities.

I was raised on a farm and I can tell you that at nine years old, I had tremendous responsibilities for tending the animals, and helping with the garden. By the time I was 18 y/o I was working three jobs to put myself through college. Deans list all the way through b/c I took nothing - absolutely NOTHING - for granted.

Treating children like infants and underestimating their ability to learn from both successes and failures is a sure fire way to guarantee that they will be just as dependent at 30 as they were at nine years old.

Now - at 46 years old, I am taking care of my aging and partially disable mom and her fully disabled brother (my uncle). It's a full circle of responsibility. I am doing exactly as I was taught. And I am grateful for the opportunity. Just as my mom and I cared for my grandparents - while they taught me what life was all about - even into their eighties.

I have a seventeen year old nephew who does not have his drivers license yet, has never had a job, does not have chores at home, and who depends upon his "Helicopter Mom" to take him to school every day. He asks his mom for money and she just gives it to him... he has no concept of "expectations" or the exchange of a good days work for a days pay. And I feel for my brother b/c in 30 years.... well - you can predict the situation. I suspect the "kid" will still be on the couch eating Doritos and hogging the remote.

This child who left the gate open probably (almost certainly) feels absolutely awful. His mistake will haunt him. But he'll never do THAT again b/c he has seen the result of messing up. What an incredibly valuable lesson - a hard one - but a good, life long one. He'll become a better man for this. Believe me.

Back
Top Bottom