I hit an all time low tonight.. but am getting better!

Bammony

Red-dress-less
11 Years
Aug 15, 2008
Salina, Utah
My 9 year old left the coop door open tonight and while we were out of town the dogs got into the coop and killed all my chickens. I have been raising chickens for 8 yrs and have had this happen before, but it's really hittin me hard this time. We've had a very hard year this past year and have had to face trials that I never could've imagined existed. I just can't do anymore. I'm so emotionally tired.
I know we'll never be presented with more than we can handle, but I think someone overestimated me this time.
sad.png

Last edited:
hugs.gif
I'm so sorry! It's okay to take a break for a while. Give yourself some time to just not have to worry about one more thing. Your coop will be there whenever you're ready to get more.
hugs.gif
to your child too.

These chickens were more than just chickens to me, they were a source of hope for a small income by selling their hatching eggs. Both myself and my husband (who CAN'T work) are unemployed and together we have custody of our 8 kids. My husband and myself both have ex's that work but neither pay any child support, so spare money is scarce. I'm real worried now. The $20 I could get from eggs isn't a fortune but it kept our lights on. This trial is gonna be a tough one..

I'll try to sell my art and see what happens. Wish me luck, for my family's sake!

Last edited:
I'm so sorry Bammony. I understand that feeling of everything being hard and then something like that happens. Sending you hope and miracles.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom