Pics

JeanNebula

In the Brooder
Jun 15, 2023
Hi everyone I I incubated my eggs at 96.5 by mistake because the temperature is stable and I trust my incubator I never checked it my mistake, humidity 49 to 55 no more no less I candle them on day 26 and they are all alive and moving a lot with the air sack big and the embryo covers almost all the egg too except one that it's behind but not by much but is now day 27 and 4 hours away from day 28 but non of my 12 egg have hatch yet usually one or 2 hatch early but I know it's not going to be the case this time because of the low temperature but 4 to 5 eggs are wiggling, they been wiggling seens lockdown but non have pip yet are they going to be a late hatch? They are duck egg silver appleyard

:welcome Hatching will be delayed somewhat because of the low temperature.
But do you think it's going to go past the 28 days mark I'm thinking probably until Sunday but I'm worried that if I don't turn them they are going to stick because they are already in quarantine plus I also think all 12 maybe not going to make it out but I'm hoping at least 4 to 5

I've had the same thing happen with chicken eggs due to the off-brand incubator thermostat being in C* only. I aimed for 99.5*F but had it set for 35.5*C instead of 37.5*C. That's 96* American instead of the recommended 99.5* American. They began hatching on day 22, a day late, and the last chick emerged on day 23.

I had two duds and one quitter out of the 18 I started with.

I've had the same thing happen with chicken eggs due to the off-brand incubator thermostat being in C* only. I aimed for 99.5*F but had it set for 35.5*C instead of 37.5*C. That's 96* American instead of the recommended 99.5* American. They began hatching on day 22, a day late, and the last chick emerged on day 23.

I had two duds and one quitter out of the 18 I started with.
15 out of the 18 that's great I hope I see something like that happen to me because I'm a bit worried that non of them will hatch I have never incubated egg on such low temperature I hope that at least on day 29 they all hatch

Do I need to turn them or it's ok to let them be they are on lock down but I have never hat a late late hatch before so idk what to do or I just let them be because the incubator has turned them enough?

No need to turn them. There are different reasons to turn them early but by this time there is no further benefit to turning them. As far as them sticking, a membrane has developed around the chick that protects it from getting stuck. The chick is so large there is no way it could avoid touching the inside of the shell so that membrane is nature's way of protecting the chick.

O
No need to turn them. There are different reasons to turn them early but by this time there is no further benefit to turning them. As far as them sticking, a membrane has developed around the chick that protects it from getting stuck. The chick is so large there is no way it could avoid touching the inside of the shell so that membrane is nature's way of protecting the chick.
Ok it makes sense so I just waited out then I hope they hatch I'm paranoid watching them every few hours I made this dumb mistake with the temperature, I raised it to 99.5 for quarantine once I noticed it was on 96.5 the hole time I only put attention to the humidity and got confident of the temperature because nothing like this have ever happened to me before

O

Ok it makes sense so I just waited out then I hope they hatch I'm paranoid watching them every few hours I made this dumb mistake with the temperature, I raised it to 99.5 for quarantine once I noticed it was on 96.5 the hole time I only put attention to the humidity and got confident of the temperature because nothing like this have ever happened to me before
Please remember to update this thread with your results. We're all rooting for you!

They could hatch days after day 28
Day 28 is just a common day
Many factors can cause early to late hatching
You don’t need to worry about turning them
Wiggling anc air cells dipping forward fast and shadowing along the bottom of the air cell is signs you are 24-48 hours from an internal pip ( usually can go 72 hours but mostly 24-48)
They shouldn’t have any issues
Just be patient
Keep us updated :)

They could hatch days after day 28
Day 28 is just a common day
Many factors can cause early to late hatching
You don’t need to worry about turning them
Wiggling anc air cells dipping forward fast and shadowing along the bottom of the air cell is signs you are 24-48 hours from an internal pip ( usually can go 72 hours but mostly 24-48)
They shouldn’t have any issues
Just be patient
Keep us updated :)
I'm paying close attention to them I think I saw 2 new ones wiggling, I hope I don't have problems my calculations were wrong 28 days is due tomorrow I'm so paranoid because of the initial mistake I made with the temperature being 96.5 that I lost track they have been on lock down for three days with today tomorrow my incubator timer goes to 0 and they are supposed to hatch, temperature been on 99.5 ever since lock down that I noticed the temperature was wrong man I hope they hatch

Back
Top Bottom