I lost the bet; Posted against my will... 15 pic progression of....

Bless her heart, she wanted a sip from your bottle. In one photo she appears to be looking right at it!

ah yes a familiar sight...thank goodness I only have 2 because my lap is not big enough for more than that
lol.png

Great pics...

I raised a whole passel of Delawares this year and didn't give them much attention. At first they ran away every time I came near but today... well, I can't seem to walk for them. They think they should always be in or around where we are. The range BEAUTIFULLY and lay eggs almost every day. Mine don't get in the lap but I think that is cause they didn't figure out that was an option.

Love my girls and get this... Two are broody. These are sports from Barred Rock and New Hampshire Red crosses right? Neither of those breeds go broody. Confusing but they seem to be doing an excellent job! I dislike both the Barred Rocks and New Hampshire Reds too so aggressive and mean to each other. Delawares are NOTHING like their ancestors except they lay like CRAZY.

Dave

My beloved primrose was a Delaware and simply refused to stay down. I popped home one warm day to make sure I'd turned the fan on in the coop. She flys up to my shoulder and then. . .Yep, all down the from of my work clothes. It was too cute.

I missed this the first time around. Glad it's been resurrected. I'm even ready to trade winter for the high temps.
lol.png

big_smile.png
..of the 5 different breeds of chickens i have--my 2 delawares---della and dottie are the biggest snuggles bugs ever
love.gif
---followed by lucy my rhode isand red ,and suzy my speckled sussex,
love.gif
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom