I MUST have this chook.....

Quote:
I think it's all subjective. I probably wouldn't have paid more than $20 for her, but they are not that hard to find here. It sounds like they are incredibly hard to find there, as noted by the fact that there was a bidding war on her.

I am sure if some members were able to get hold of some of the gorgeous breeds that are available in the UK, some of those jubilee orps, etc., they would probably pay a lot more for them, too, than someone over there would consider paying for them.

Kudos to the seller, it's all about figuring out the demand and, sometimes, naming your price. It sounds like LTRC was not the only one determined to get that girl which shows me that they are definitely difficult to find over there. They're not as common over here as I'd like, but definitely more so than that. We could easily find someone with chicks or hatching eggs and pay way less than $240 for several, but he may not have that option.
idunno.gif

Quote:
I actually find your honesty a breath of fresh air on these boards. I call them as I see them as well.

Do I think this bird is a show winner? NO

I do have an opening for a Chariot Racing Chook now that Lucky has retired. Also the eggs I get from the polish pullet will more than pay for the bird when I turn them into Art Eggs.

I bought her cause I wanted her. Plain & simple. I'm lucky enough to be in a fianancial position to indulge my whims.
I have friends who pay $2,000 & up for what I consider to be butt ugly dogs. So $240 for a pet chicken seems to be a good investment. Plus free eggs.
big_smile.png

April, this breeder has a line of blacks, white crested blacks, whites & blues, buffs, laced buff...etc. I expect we will be doing more business come spring. I expect I will be on his priority list for future transactions. I think he knows I'm a serious buyer now.

I wish you lived around here. I have a friend trying to find homes for some gorgeous white crested black bantie boys. He'd likely give you one, but I think it's pretty clear that you'd be a good home. ;-)

Quote:
I fear he did. I think it was even $CAD and not $USD.

It must be for the secret deviled egg breeding project.

Shhhh....don't give away my secrets.

By the way I've spent more than $240 on a bird.

Back
Top Bottom