I need help, mice and birds are stealing my chicken feed!!!

chickensrock12

Songster
8 Years
Sep 22, 2015
Utah
So, I have a problem with mice and little birds. They are stealing my chicken feed in the feeder. The mice get in the poop tray and die because of the poop they leave and from the chickens. Then the little birds get in the the coop and stand on the feeder and steal it tell I have to shake it again. I went from feeding them every two months to two times a month. I only have two of them. We already used rat poison away from the coop. But, it hasn't worked. Please give me your feedback. Thank you.

Last edited:
First off,
I would check every inch of the coop for openings, and cover them with mesh wire, not chicken wire! It sounds like your coop is pretty open.

-these also work well for pests--------------- Grandpa's Feeders Automatic Chicken Feeder - Large (40lb Feed Capacity)------ on Amazon on tractor supply

-purchase some bobcat urine

-get an outdoor cat

- mesh the bottom of the coop

-stow the feeders in a safe place at night

First off,
I would check every inch of the coop for openings, and cover them with mesh wire, not chicken wire! It sounds like your coop is pretty open.

-these also work well for pests--------------- Grandpa's Feeders Automatic Chicken Feeder - Large (40lb Feed Capacity)------ on Amazon on tractor supply

-purchase some bobcat urine

-get an outdoor cat

- mesh the bottom of the coop

-stow the feeders in a safe place at night
If you free range them, close the door and lock it when they're out. provide seperate feed

Back
Top Bottom