I think I have made a big mistake!

Any update @WhenInRhome ? If it's late enough and dark enough my girls have always been almost catatonic.
Sorry, I went out of town and didnt see this!

He is still in with the hens tormenting them. The big girls have no feathers on the tops of their heads and have wounds on their combs. I found someone to come get him but they flaked out. I am going tomorrow to post him on a bulletin board at the feed store. My hubby said if someone doesnt come before the end of the month he will shoot him. I hate for that to happen, but he is probably deserves it.

The chickens basically go blind in the dark ... The hens won't run off if you open the door at night ... Chicken stew should be on the menu!

I finally found a new home for him! It is a non profit farm project with 240 hens. They are getting several roosters,but he will be much better off with lots of ladies.

My girls are so much happier. They are however more nervous when I let them out of the run. They stick closer to the door. I am always outside when I let them out. We have too many predators.

Back
Top Bottom