I thought sour crop, but my girl eats and drinks all day long

kristinb54321

Hatching
May 3, 2023
Initially my girl’s crop didn’t deflate overnight and she had stinky breath. I started giving her yogurt then a few days later a small amount of monisat, non toxic kind. The crop is deflating overnight now and no smell. Her diarrhea was a greenish purple after I fed her fermented food for the first time thinking it would help her. I have probiotics in her water. Now she’s eating crumble and drinking water basically ALL day. She started acting a little lethargic today and she’s breathing a little heavy. She’s also been moving her head around oddly, mostly back, but not like Rye neck. I have some Nystatin coming Friday. I don’t know how to help her!! Any advice is appreciated. Her poops today weren’t blue green and I stopped the fermented food. Am I overdoing it and I should just let her be? There’s also some water with apple cider vinegar she has access to but hates it.

Welcome To BYC

Do you have a video of her actions?
Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

Photos of her and the poop would be good as well.

When was her last egg?

I'd work on her drinking plain water along with her normal feed, see if her poop goes back to normal.

You mentioned she had bad breath - any lesions, canker or yellow/white pasty material inside the beak?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Thank you! I think she laid one yesterday. She’s letting them drop in random places vs her usual nesting box for some reason. You know…come to think if I don’t believe her crop is fully emptying in the mornings. I still felt a little something, but not that full squishy ball. I tried massaging it. I’ve added a pic of her poop from yesterday. It wasn’t as bad today but still black-ish. She hasn’t had any extra greens or blueberries either.
I’ll take a look again, but I didn’t see any mouth issues. Thank you so much. I’ll post a video in the morning.

Attachments

• IMG_6277.jpeg
    IMG_6277.jpeg
    714.1 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom