I was mad at the post office...

TillinWithMyPeeps

Waiting for Spring...
11 Years
Aug 22, 2008
Ohio
I had quail eggs that the seller shipped to me on January 26. They should have been here yesterday via priority mail. I was pretty mad at the post office for delaying the eggs in this freezing weather, until, just now, my Mailman made a special stop at my house to hand deliver the eggs to me, so they wouldn't have to be in the van all day.

clap.gif
That's good service.

My mailman is married to my cousins' ex- wife. He's a very nice guy. I've known him for years. I may even get special treatment, but of course I could see him treating everyone on his route special. NICE JOB, DAVE
thumbsup.gif

Our post office in this one horse town is pretty good too and I sure appreciate it. Its what happens before the eggs get here that worries me.

Blessed here with a great Post Office. They see Eggs on the box or chicks and they call me right away. I go to the PO and pick them up. Or if I am home, the carrier will bring them to me.

Am lucky in this little town here too. I always make a point of stopping by the PO week before delivery to make sure they are aware I've got animals (could be ducks, could be chickens
tongue.png
) coming in soon. I also always leave them a printed colored piece of paper with my name (even though they know it! lol), expected delivery date, hatchery name and my cell phone #.

Last year, was the first time I ordered from MPC and I really didn't expect delivery until Wednesday (they ship on Monday) but I got a call Tuesday afternoon from the PO that the chicks had arrived! I work near Boston and it's almost an hours drive home so I high tailed it out of work to go rescue my bantam chicks. They were packed so well and every single one survived. I was very impressed with MPC, they are the first hatchery I've dealt with that actually ships overnight like I paid for! I've got my fingers crossed that this tiny order of 4 chicks will fair well too.

Of course, I'm always impressed with my local post office too!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom