I was told they were Ayam Cemani mutants..

Peachii

In the Brooder
May 6, 2019
I received some hatching eggs from someone working at the local tractor supply and was told that they were ayam cemani. I later recieved this picture. I was told it was a mutant and she referred to it as a "birch cemani" but I cant find any info. I was told that all the hens were black..any info on the breed or an accurate ID would be greatly appreciated!!
20190506_074248.jpg

I received some hatching eggs from someone working at the local tractor supply and was told that they were ayam cemani. I later recieved this picture. I was told it was a mutant and she referred to it as a "birch cemani" but I cant find any info. I was told that all the hens were black..any info on the breed or an accurate ID would be greatly appreciated!!

It's probably a Ayam Cemani/Birchen Standard Old English cross. Or a Birchen Marans.

Doesn't look AC at all to me. Not even an AC cross.
"Mutant AC" now that's just funny.
AC of lesser quality are showing up with a lot of birchen looks to them and I have heard of people breeding for the birchen pattern now so I'm sure that's where she got the "birch" part from.
That bird is not what I've been seeing with them. I have two myself and one all black AC and besides the obvious no black skin that bird is very heavy built for an AC.

Doesn't look AC at all to me. Not even an AC cross.
"Mutant AC" now that's just funny.
AC of lesser quality are showing up with a lot of birchen looks to them and I have heard of people breeding for the birchen pattern now so I'm sure that's where she got the "birch" part from.
That bird is not what I've been seeing with them. I have two myself and one all black AC and besides the obvious no black skin that bird is very heavy built for an AC.

Yah I couldnt find any that looked like this one. Very pretty still, just not what I was hoping for Haha.

Back
Top Bottom