I would like to ask for a moment

It is commonly known that terrorist countries often believe themselves to be far superior to the USA. I just wonder how many times they have to be proven wrong before they get it.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

But seriously I am praying hard, because this is really scary for me.
hide.gif
I am a lover of peace not war. I just don't understand what is going through N Korea's mind... They are making themselves an enemy of the world, not just the USA...
smack.gif

Well, they DID shoot a few Chinese tourists a few weeks ago or something. Also, does NK actually go through with their threats?

BarkerChickens, I'm sorry.

I didn't hear about that. The Chinese are one nation I wouldn't want to *&*^ off... I wonder if the N.Korean leader has some kind of mental illness, because I can not fathom a logical mind taking the actions he has taken. As for if N.K. actually goes through with their threats, I don't think anyone has tested them to find out...

Quote:
One more reason I'd like to move further away from DFW INTERnational Airport...

Thanks for tipping us off on this Boyd, I hadn't seen in.

To those serving, including my own kin, and all of y'alls THANK YOU. Our country wouldn't have made it to this point had men and women like you not had the courage to fight. I know I'm not brave enough, so I've nothing but respect for those (Military, Police, Fire, ALL of them) that risk their lives every single day for us.

flag-thank-you.gif

Quote:
Well, they DID shoot a few Chinese tourists a few weeks ago or something. Also, does NK actually go through with their threats?

BarkerChickens, I'm sorry.

I didn't hear about that. The Chinese are one nation I wouldn't want to *&*^ off... I wonder if the N.Korean leader has some kind of mental illness, because I can not fathom a logical mind taking the actions he has taken. As for if N.K. actually goes through with their threats, I don't think anyone has tested them to find out...

Oh, no doubt that guy has serious 'short man syndrom', just for starters! But I think he doesnt care if N. Korea is blown away, it is all about becoming a Martyr for him, (in his own mind) Cant really win against someone who's not afraid to die- thats why you cant fight suicide attackers effectively. I really, really feel sorry for all the mommies and babies who will die, for no other reason than some idiots ego. Sad, sad, situation. But.... I agree, just blow them away and be rid of the problem without sending a bunch of our men and women to die fighting some guy who wants to die himself.

I support our troops 100,000 %, no matter what!!!!!

Actually, throughout history, when one country that is allied with the US strikes at another country, the stricken country blames us. Every time. Read the history of the cold war. Gulf war I. The Revolution. Because we chose freedom, and continue to this day to fight for it, we are always the enemy when it comes to others stricken by our allies. I can tell you right now that if Iran bombed its own sub in the gulf, we would be blamed because Israel did it and we are allied with them.

I don't say this to start a debate - it is all pretty much out there in the news and history. Just making a point. We are allied with South Korea and not north - but WHY would they drag us into their crap? Because they can, as has been proven over and over again.

Still wondering when they will figure out they can't win.

Actually, despite the recent events the Chinese govt. supplies most of the nuclear expertise to the DPRK. Initially their technology came from the Soviet Union so their missiles are generally SCUD based and not capable of reaching the US. They are however capable of reaching Japan and a large part of Asia. (bummer for me)

It is my opinion that they would not use nuclear missiles in a first strike scenario and that this is just the kind of posturing they feel they need to do as a response to the same sort of posturing from South Korea and the US. They very much would like to see themselves, and perhaps more importantly be seen by the world, as a country with a real nuclear deterrent, although as I understand what they actually have and what they can deliver to a useful target is very small at the moment.
That being said, if they were fire a nuclear weapon, they would be almost assured that the major nuclear superpowers would not retaliate with nuclear weapons for fear of setting off a global nuclear war.

It's a bad business this nuclear missile stuff, darn if you do, darn if you don't.

The two countries to worry about for all-out nuclear war is China and India. With 40% of the worlds population and not enough resources to feed themselves, and a historical dislike for each other, in my mind they are the two countries to be aware of, not a piddling little uber-Stalinist dictatorial state with a starving population.

Anyways, Boyd, You are right - anyone willing to fight and die for their country (whatever country) deserves thanks from those who can't.

One nuke going off 3 miles over us would do alot of damage to our electrical grid...

An attacker might detonate a few weapons at high altitudes in an effort to destroy or damage the communications and electric power systems. It can be expected that EMP would cause massive disruption for an indeterminable period, and would cause huge economic damages.

Back
Top Bottom