ICE Storm in Arkansas.

pipermark

Songster
12 Years
Jan 26, 2007
Arkansas
normal_DSCN1129.JPG

normal_DSCN1110.JPG

These images are big, if you want to seem more go to my gallery (its my own payfor site, so no ads, or bots, or spyware).

http://www.killcravings.com/Gallery/thumbnails.php?album=6 If you click on the large picture , it will load the raw file picture for greater detail, If you do not have broadband , I would pass. files about 800kb.

Last edited:
Wow,

It looks so beautiful but is so deadly.

I trust you and your family are all safe and well.

I have seen the news reports about these storms from here in the UK.

Sincere good wishes and thanks for the amazing pics.

Jena.

One of those times I am glad I do not have a family. The dogs , chickens , goats and I are a little cold but fine.
wink.png
The feral cat is getting cranky though, dont think he likes wet, cold feet.

Last edited:
It's amazing how something so pretty can be so destructive. Last year ice blanketed my son's home in sw Missouri and the aftermath was horrendous. They were with electricity for 10 days. Then it a week to get all of the fallen tree limbs of their house, barns and fencing. I hope it gets better for you.

I'm in the middle of this, too. I'm in Poplar Bluff and I don't know how many folks in our area are without power. Our Coliseum and several churches are set up as warming centers. I gave God an extra thanks for my old wood stove. There were so many trees snapping Tuesday night that it sounded like a firing range. We certainly have a mess to clean up when it melts. It looks like the Jolly Green Giant just walked through town and snapped the tops off all the trees! It is getting better, though. The power is slowly coming back, and it looks like the ice should all be gone by Sunday night. Super thanks to the utility workers and the National Guard for working tirelessly in dangerous conditions.
thumbsup.gif

Yep Mama , we dont have any NG around but the Entergy guys are here in force. I spoke to one today, he said, my area should have power back on middle of next week , so that will make it about 10 days. I really dont mind the cold, I spent most of last winter without any heat, but I do hate not having a hot shower. If a hotel room frees up I am going to try an get one on a every other night basis so I can get a hot shower.

Someone also said a local truck stop has a shower, I will be checking that out tonight.

I count my self lucky, you can see that my trailer is surrounded by trees and all the branches and trees that feel missed me.

The chickens and goats have gone through it well. Right now, with all of the ice falling from the trees (40 degrees), they are a little spooked. They think the sky is falling.

I'm feeling your pain. I'm just below Fayetteville up on the mountains. We have had a big mess here. From trees in the road, to power lines on the ground. We just got our power back on after three days in the dark. We feel very lucky. We have made it through and just have a bunch of messes to clean up. So many more have it much tougher. We are thinking of everyone effected by all this,,,,Please take good care,,, Tina in Chester,,,,,

Wow...good luck to you Arkies...

I slid off a main road the other day trying to get home from work going 10 miles an hour in first gear...

You do too have a family ya big dope!!! US!!!

Back
Top Bottom