Icelandic Chickens

Quote:
My Húsatóftir line is due to hatch in about 2 weeks. I expect to receive them the weekend of August 4/5. Can.Not.Wait.
yippiechickie.gif

Crystal, these are absolutely the cutest chickies I've seen... since I hatched their parents!
big_smile.png
Speaking of their parents, I'm starting to think big black beauty Glámur may have won out over Prímus with fertilizing this lot, he had that tux coloring as a baby, very similar to chick #1. Stáli is very handsome, I'd love to hatch one like that.

Judges4, I know you don't even have eggs in the 'bator yet, but I'm already SO excited to see how yours turn out. When I start collecting for you the ladies will have been in with Prímus only for over a week so they might be different. Can't wait to find out!

Joyous, that light blue/grey lavender whatever she is, is SPECTACULAR!

love all the lavender icelandi

Hey Mary............ How is Lukka doing with her babies?

Mahonri.......... Hope the heat is easing for you.

Other Mary......beautiful pics!

Joyous....... Wow, you are going to have a gorgeous flock! Looking forward to seeing them mature.

Kelly, Lukka is doing just fine after we closed up the gaps where the babies kept escaping. No more chasing babies around and around the barn. The whole bunch of them are getting evicted so that I can move my Icelandic chicks and my turkeys to that area. Lukka and her little crew will be in the big coop. I'll have to put that big nest box I bought in there for them since Fugly has declared eminent domain rights to the big egg bed.

Just an observation. Month old turkeys are too stinky to live in one's screen room. I took them out of the pen on the floor and moved them back to the ferret cage. We put the platforms back in to increase the square footage.

Love the condo! What a great idea to add shelves for more room...i may be converting some old dog cages.....
thumbsup.gif

Kelly, Lukka is doing just fine after we closed up the gaps where the babies kept escaping. No more chasing babies around and around the barn. The whole bunch of them are getting evicted so that I can move my Icelandic chicks and my turkeys to that area. Lukka and her little crew will be in the big coop. I'll have to put that big nest box I bought in there for them since Fugly has declared eminent domain rights to the big egg bed.

Just an observation. Month old turkeys are too stinky to live in one's screen room. I took them out of the pen on the floor and moved them back to the ferret cage. We put the platforms back in to increase the square footage.

Back
Top Bottom