Icelandic Chickens

Quote:
That is great news. I think some of your eggs came from my girls who just start laying so I am hoping for good fertility and an excellent hatch. I am glad they made it to you intact. Keep us posted.

I need to get pictures of them, but my two Icelandic roosters are very handsome fellows! One is white with the occasional black feather, and one looks somewhat like Isi! I still want to get them some Icelandic girls at some point, they're currently just living with my large ducks, guinea fowl, and chukar, but I've been too busy to arrange anything quite yet. Still, Mary, sometime I'll have to head over to your place (if you're all right with that) and get them some hens, or perhaps hatch some more eggs or something. In the meantime, I'm just enjoying them being around. They are such lovely birds!

Quote:
WOW ! ! ! ! That is GREAT ! ! ! I am sooooo excited!
ya.gif

You stuffed some dark ones in these eggs right?

woot.gif
I'm getting some Icelandic girls, I'm getting some Icelandic girls!
woot.gif

Mary is giving me some girls for the brooder I gave her. She's going to hold onto them for me until we get back from a pre-planned family trip, so I'll get them in a couple of weeks. They are a couple weeks older than the babies I have in my brooder, so they will fit in great!
celebrate.gif

You should have a nice flock there Chooks, thinking about that got me wondering:

how big of a flock of Icelandics do each of you want? Plan on having?

I am hoping for 18-24 hens, and 2-4 roos so I can make several breeding groups. The same wiith the Iowa Blues but 18-20 on them, the others I will try to keep half a dozen hens and one rooster.

The past two days our weather took a definite turn towards spring, was 32 when I got up yesterday and up to 45 in the day, this morn was 38 when I got up and it is sunny and 51 now, and forcast for the next week is above freezing every night, and maybe low 70s on sunday.

So I am not going to worry now about the eggs that are coming. Our local post office is great, but the rest
he.gif

The post mistress and the carriers are great !

Anyhow, I am just wondering what size flocks others are planning on.

Quote:
I just haven't decided which two yet.
gig.gif

Maybe the two on the right?

34566_kelly1-1-4.jpg

Or these two!

34566_kelly1-1-3.jpg

At the very least, this one!

34566_kelly1-1-5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom