Icelandic Chickens

Adorable!
love.gif
I miss my kids at that age. So sweet and you are the center of their world. Now, I have one teenager that knows everything.
roll.png
And my youngest is 11.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I wish they were closer so the flock wouldn't be so leery when they show up. The friendly hen is one that I got from BYCer KYTinpusher (Walli) and was hatched from an egg from coldupnorth's (Laurie's) flock. Walli's daughter handled her so she knows that little people are okay. She called her Cupcake so that is what I call her.....she is a sweetie!

Eldur was not happy that he was the object of my grandson's pursuits.....I think those trailing feathers were too much of a temptation to resist chasing him!

I couldn't get a good picture of Elska's chicks last night but here is the best one of the bunch.

There looks like two with white breasts so mottling should be there. The dark one on the far left looks like it will be non-mottled and the blonde trying to hide under her will be wheaten or pyle. The fifth is hiding under her and is dark but I don't know any more because I didn't try to make her move since she was not happy with the camera flashing. When I get them outside, I'll get some better pictures of them all.

I just went out to see that my icelandic pullet attacked my poor cockerel. She plucked all his feathers around his tail and took some of the skin off as well :( I don't know what happened, they have been fine together and they were acting fine when I found them. They are in a temporary quarantine pen but they have enough room :(

Back
Top Bottom