Icelandic Chickens

I am so sorry, Red - I know how much you loved her!
hugs.gif

Thank you all. I am hoping that my little blonde-headed chick came from Flekka. That way her legacy isn't snuffed out in one generation. I miss my baby - and these birds really are my babies, not just a preservation project.

Laurie, that little white pullet that came from your flock is such a doll. She's got to be my tiniest girl, but she's dutiful about laying and sometimes she will let me pick her up to say hi. I'll try to get a picture of her soon. I love her and her sister.

So sorry!!

I have a problem. I have some eggs in the incubator and I forgot the start date. They should be hatching soon but we dont know when to take the turner out.. any ideas as how to tell?

Last edited:
So sorry!!

I have a problem. I have some eggs in the incubator and I forgot the start date. They should be hatching soon but we dont know when to take the turner out.. anyIideas as how to tell?

Can you candle them and see how far along they are? That might give you an idea. I have had friends who have forgotten their start date and come in to find chicks riding their turners. Kind of funny, but what I'm getting at is that your eggs might be okay if your timing isn't exact.

Back
Top Bottom