Icky Nose 6wk old Satin

Gammas Bearded Babies

Crossing the Road
May 24, 2021
Middle Tennessee
I have a 6 week old Satin acting normal like others except a sneeze here and there.
I noticed this side of her nostril dried up.
Any suggestions as to how to get this off?
I tried rubbing it she didn't care for that and I cant tell it really helped much.
Video of kinda sneeze she's doin

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220527-100341_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220527-100341_Instagram.jpg
    505.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I'm sorry you have to wait so long for a response. How is the situation today?
It's ok it's life lol...
I read several threads on byc and it didn't say what it was necessarily but it did mention a qtip with hydrogenperoxide....I didn't have any. Then to do a toothpick gently...so I did that and it looks some better but she sounds like she has hiccups still so idk.
She's acting normal.

I would get some peroxide, put 1 drop on the crust to help dissolve it and then work on loosening the plug from the nostril. You may need to apply 1 drop, scrape out what you can, then apply another drop, etc.
Get both nostrils cleared out.

It's common for some birds to get their nostrils clogged with feed. They will sneeze trying to remove the blockage.
You may find that you need to clean her nostrils periodically from now on.

I would get some peroxide, put 1 drop on the crust to help dissolve it and then work on loosening the plug from the nostril. You may need to apply 1 drop, scrape out what you can, then apply another drop, etc.
Get both nostrils cleared out.

It's common for some birds to get their nostrils clogged with feed. They will sneeze trying to remove the blockage.
You may find that you need to clean her nostrils periodically from now on.
Ok thank u so much! She's doin like a hiccup sounding sneeze but still acting normal so I'll get some n work on that today!

Back
Top Bottom