ID bracelets of sorts

Quote:
I got mine at my feed store and they let me buy a total of 4 bands. You just unroll the band, put it around the chicken's leg and roll it up again. The numbers really help when everybody looks so much alike...

Quote:
your lucky you got those bands the company burned down and its still very hard to get them. i just found something called EZ ring from Foy's its a locking numbered ring that with a little work can be removed and used again, plus the numbers are huge, so will see

Wow, I didn't know they didn't make them anymore. They are so perfect. I really don't know exactly what they are made of. When you 'unroll' them they are about 3" long. I could make 'em if I knew what the material is....anybody know?

I'm in the same boat ...I only needed one band to be able to tell Thelma & Louise apart. No proplem in the brooder when they were right next to each other but when they graduated to pen We couldn't tell. I tried permanent majic marker but it was off by the next day. So I grabbed cable tie from the pen . Then I had to immediately take it off because I didn't leave growing room. She completely ignores it.But now when I'm giving them their special time with family I know who I have so they can remember their name.
yippiechickie.gif

I use leather ID bracelets from www.featherware.etsy.com. With these bracelets, you can either have the chicken's name burned on the outside of the leather band, or your phone number (handy, in case your chick ever gets lost!). The bracelets come in 2 sizes, juvenile or adult and four different colors: pink, red, yellow and blue-ish purple.

Here's a photo of an actual chicken wearing one,

Back
Top Bottom