ID bracelets of sorts

SG_Chicken

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 14, 2010
Laramie, Wyoming
Ok so how do you all keep track of who is who? We will be getting 4 PR's on Friday (Finally) and 2 will be mine and 2 my daughters. Is there a way to band then or something so we know who's is who's

I've seen a lot of pics where they mark their birds with colored leg bands, which you can buy, or those colored plastic ties and cut off the excess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually sold in bags of 25 of a color, nimbered from 1-25.
Relatively inexpensive... search for poultry bandettes and you'll find them on several mail order places
cool.png

Beware of zip ties, they are a fixed size when applied and can accudentally get tighter. As the chicks grow if put on too tight initially chick can lose leg.
The bandettes will expand as the chicks leg gets bigger

Last edited:
Yah I know what zip ties are Hubby has a bunch of them but they are all white ones so not sure how that would work. I will look at the hardware store down the block to see if they have individual ones for sale. I then could get 4 different colors and color code them.

Thanks.
big_smile.png

I have some of the plastic spiral legbands that are size 12 in red,orange,pink,white,brown and yellow. I got them from Cutlerssupply.com. if they will fit your brids I will mail four to you for free, just let me know what colors and pm me your address.

I use the zip ties. Got neon colored ones at Lowes, in a big container with a couple sizes really inexpensively. I use the 4" ones- they are small and thin. Just don't pull too tight and be prepared to change them as the chicks grow. I leave a loop that can turn easily on the leg, but not so big that the chickens can step out of them. We've changed ours once already, and probably will have to do so again as they get to full size. You have to use several sizes of poultry bands as they grow anyway, especially if you are starting with tiny chicks.

Back
Top Bottom