I'd love to have a hatching buddy?

ugh I hate that. that's why i switched to an incutherm plus i believe its called. its from incubator warehouse. thing is freakin AMAZING
I may look into that. I'd like to just set my temp and humidity and walk away. I've been upstairs very hour, all day. I'm at 60% and 99.5 Ugg.

Just candled my eggs (day 11) because I think my husband bumped the incubator when I was at my dads house last night. The eggs were out of place like they had rolled
1f620.png
anyway, at day 7 I had 5 viable eggs and now I think I'm down to 4. All 4 had good movement but the 5th one was dark and no movement so I think it's a quitter.

This is my suspected quitter

Just candled my eggs (day 11) because I think my husband bumped the incubator when I was at my dads house last night. The eggs were out of place like they had rolled
1f620.png
anyway, at day 7 I had 5 viable eggs and now I think I'm down to 4. All 4 had good movement but the 5th one was dark and no movement so I think it's a quitter.

This is my suspected quitter

I agree it doesn't look right, but wait a few days and check again. Hate to toss one if there is any chance...

I still have all the brown eggs that I don't think are even fertile in there because nothing smells bad, I'm holding onto hope that I'll get at least one chick out of the 15 eggs haha

I am in Washington state. on the Key Pennisulla. I have a small preservation farm for chickens on the conservation list. I have 34 breeds and about 700 birds, last time I counted.. I have a Sizzle broody that is sitting on a doz Serama eggs for me. shes adorable, allmost no signs of being broody, I showed her the eggs and you could see the ownership of those eggs changing.. she jumped on the nest I handed her the eggs.. it was amazing.. Of course i didnt trust her to sit.. so I fired up the incubator just in case. after 4 days of monitoring it " just in case" I decided to stuff it full of wellsummers eggs. I also have a little frizzle Cochin that insisted on being broody. I didnt have the patience to break her brood so I let her keep her sizzle eggs, She has a bearded roo as a boy friend..and I have my freeloading Houdans who only lay a few times a year sitting on 3 eggs.. all are due this weekend.. and I operate a food truck and wont be here to babysit them..

Yep, I do :) They really are gorgeous.
sweet! did you get a pair from greenfire??

Actually, I have three pullets from Greenfire, and a trio (two hens and a cock) from Tonie Marie Austen. And of course I have a bunch of their babies running around, lol. And all of my AC eggs in the incubator are developing! Had one duck egg quit, but the other 11 are still coming along.

Back
Top Bottom