ID of some TSC chicks

bigchrisb1985

Songster
13 Years
Jun 2, 2009
Brookneal, VA
I bought some chicks at tractor supply that didn't have any sign saying what they were other then pullets. I will describe them now and post a pick later when I find my camera. They are white/light yellow with a few black spots. The lady there said she thinks they lay an off white or cream colored egg but she didn't know the breed.

They look like the Tetra Tint I got this year at TSC. She is my favorite such a friendly and gutsy little creature, always the first to try something new.
yippiechickie.gif

I called TSC this evening and the person I talked to wasn't much help. He said that he thought they were Andalusian but he wasn't sure, and couldn't get anyone else to the phone right then. But I could call back later. I think yall are right and they are California whites

Last edited:
I can tell you exactly what they are, I have 13 of them in my brooder! They are called Austra Whites, they are a Australorp/White Legorn mix. I'm excited about them, they are suppose to be more docile like the Australorp and they lay a white egg.

These are mine.

I can tell you exactly what they are, I have 13 of them in my brooder! They are called Austra Whites, they are a Australorp/White Legorn mix. I'm excited about them, they are suppose to be more docile like the Australorp and they lay a white egg.

These are mine.

I bought three Australorp Cockerels this spring in order to breed them with my white Leghorns and my Austrolorps. They can lay a white or cream colored egg.

Back
Top Bottom