Idaho anyone?

Hi all! Another Idahoan here! I'm in the Wood River Valley making my chicken dream come true. We've been planning for years now and this spring it will become a reality!

I've got my eye on Buff Orpingtons! Hoping to find some locally.

Nice to meet you all
~m~

Hi everyone I am from Kimberly Idaho and looking for some silkie chicks does anyone know of any for sale around here? Thanks

hiya already did my intro before but I bet I didn't post I am from Idaho as well Nampa that is just got into chickens this last month and found this web site glad I did, already started posting questions in the forum too lol. anyone else from Nampa in here ? would love to talk sometime I will post pics of all my girls soon. not that I have a lot just 6 as I live in the city limits I think that is what we are allowed. I am thinking the hens I got are 3 black sex links one white sex link and 2 red leg horns not sure of the correct spelling on the reds. but how are your hens doing with this heat wave? well hope to hear from ya Idaho ppl soon.

welcome-byc.gif
There is a super-long thread of Idaho chatters at https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/8042/idaho/2440#post_11537261. Please accept a welcoming invite to come on over & meet more Idaho chicken folks!

My two hens & rooster are holding up pretty well in the heat. I've got a shade board leaned against the west side of the coop, plus I pour cool water in a spot in the sand floor for them to burrow in. How are your hens doing with the heat?

I started putting gal jugs in the freezer about 3/4 full of water and freezing them then putting one in the hen house and one in a pan so the water defrosts into the pan and they have cold water during the day so I hope they are gonna be ok in this heat I live in Nampa and it has been getting close to or over 100 deg here. they seem to love the ice water tho.

Hello my fellow Idaho chicken friends. I have not posted on here yet, and it is with sad news that I do for the first time. I am a first time chicken mama and had 10 beautiful baby Brahma's for the last six weeks. They were friendly and sweet. Each one had their own little chickenality and I looked forward to seeing them grow and feather out. After putting them in their coop for the first time the other day, and thinking everything was secured tightly when I left for work, my dog broke the door in and ate every last one of them. I know they are chickens, but I am totally heartbroken to think of their last moments. Also totally wracked with guilt that I did not do enough to keep them safe. I'm not even sure if I should get more chickens. :(

Thank you SpeckledHills, I will. The thing I find strange is that there are very few feathers, no blood and my dog had trapped himself in the coop...wonder if there's any way they might have escaped??? I find it hard to believe he would have eaten absolutely everything. I'm still searching...

Hello my fellow Idaho chicken friends. I have not posted on here yet, and it is with sad news that I do for the first time. I am a first time chicken mama and had 10 beautiful baby Brahma's for the last six weeks. They were friendly and sweet. Each one had their own little chickenality and I looked forward to seeing them grow and feather out. After putting them in their coop for the first time the other day, and thinking everything was secured tightly when I left for work, my dog broke the door in and ate every last one of them. I know they are chickens, but I am totally heartbroken to think of their last moments. Also totally wracked with guilt that I did not do enough to keep them safe. I'm not even sure if I should get more chickens. :(

Back
Top Bottom