Idaho?

Pics
Quote:
My Cuckoo girls are laying nice dark eggs and I have about 60 or so pullets of all my varieties do to start laying in march and April and I have very high hopes on egg color. I will keep you posted and get you some eggs this spring.

A gathering in Idaho Falls! YAY!

I hope the timing allows me to attend. But regardless I'm happy to help with any preperations or planning.

Another camping option in the area is South Tourist Park.

THANK YOU TED!!!!! i love them just introduced silkie to the other three and they have been getting along just fine.. others will have to wait my RIR hens are not likeing the newbys just yet so i will put them in tonight and see how they do
smile.png

OH I AM JUST SOO HAPPY!!

by june im hopeing to have... black silkies, barred rocks and orphingtons, also i will have black stars and EEs
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
My Cuckoo girls are laying nice dark eggs and I have about 60 or so pullets of all my varieties do to start laying in march and April and I have very high hopes on egg color. I will keep you posted and get you some eggs this spring.

Thanks! I would love to try cuckoos. Where are your lines from? Can't wait for pics!

The Cuckoo's and BCM's I've been working with for some time now. My original stock came from a local breeder who had also had them for quite some time who had to get out of chickens for health reasons. I have no idea where his original stock came from. My line of Golden Cuckoo's are still a work in progress, but by Fall of this year I should hopefully have something to be proud of. My line of White Marans were produced by a Mating between a BCM rooster who was carrying a recessive white gene And 2 Cuckoo hens who also carried recessive white. The have bred true now for 1 generation and I'm very excited about them. I just aquired some Blue Copper Marans roosters from someone here on BYC and have them over some of my Black Copper hens and am excited about the chicks they will produce but won't be hatching anything for about a month. Right now I've got over 100 birds a lot of which will be reaching point of lay this spring.

Went out to my grow out coops today and took some picture of some of the birds I hatched out at the begining of May

Here are a couple of White Marans
89065_chickens_12-11_077.jpg

Beginings of my Golden Cuckoo line
89065_chickens_12-11_085.jpg

White Rooster and some BCM Hens
89065_chickens_12-11_089.jpg

Young BCM rooster...don't know if he is a keeper yet
89065_chickens_12-11_086.jpg

One of the Blue Copper Boys I recently got from thebirdguy
89065_chickens_12-11_047.jpg

I will try and get some more pics tomorrow. It's tough trying to get out to take pictures while watching my 15 month old Twin Girls

Need to sell breeding pair of emboden geese!!!!! Anyone who is interested please pm me!! Hen is laying now and eggs are fertile!! Prize winning bird!!!!

Back
Top Bottom