Idaho?

Hello đź‘‹ so I know nothing about building coops.. I do know it's cold here, last year we had at least 3 weeks of bellow 0 weather.. Coldest since I've lived here and being a first year chicken owner was not prepared.. I just had a small pre Fab coop for my 4 girls. I spent a lot of time trying to keep them warm.. We made it lol. So now someone gave me a hand built coop so strong đź’Ş and sturdy but still not a walk in one ( I think those are the best ). I've been trying to figure out the best way to heat it.. Last year heat lamp but being a BYC member, I've read so much about heating.. Still trying to figure that out.. Good luck with your coop...
We had below 0 snaps several times last year, BUT we also get wind chills here in Southern Idaho. The wind blows here all year long. I did use a heat lamp but soon discovered they didn't like it much. Even though it was red they still picked on each other. Ventilation is very important. It should be over their head and not blowing on them in any way.

Hello everyone! I am located in Nampa. I am currently looking for some hatcheries that do olive eggers and Lavendar orpingtons. Do you have any recommendations? Dunlap does not have either.

Hello everyone! I am located in Nampa. I am currently looking for some hatcheries that do olive eggers and Lavendar orpingtons. Do you have any recommendations? Dunlap does not have either.
Hi I’m located in Emmett. There may be some local breeders of those in the area. I know there’s a guy in either Caldwell or Nampa that has offered Olive Eggers in the past that were sex-linked. He crossed Black Copper Marans roosters over Cream Legbar hens. I bought some pullet chicks from him and they laid huge olive eggs. There’s a backyard chicken group for the Treasure Valley on Facebook that he’s on quite a bit. I would find that page on FB and follow it as a start to finding breeders in our area.

Any folks from Idaho here?
smile.png
Post Falls Idaho here! Wow, I see so many of you are near me, great to see so many Idahoans!

Hi everyone Boise area here. Just wanted to find a new home for my golden laced polish that turned out to be a cockerel. Anyone want to take him home. He is a stunner and a sweet heart. So well behaved. Here are some photos.

Attachments

• 20230703_082647.jpg
    20230703_082647.jpg
    785.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230703_082634.jpg
    20230703_082634.jpg
    955.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230703_082629.jpg
    20230703_082629.jpg
    979.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230703_082615.jpg
    20230703_082615.jpg