Idaho?

I've been gone this month.. family reunion, trek, scout encampment, work etc.. haven't had time to do much but keep up..

When we went out to do chores tonight we found Porter, our Great Pyrenees had died. I believe he was poisoned... Has not been a fun night... wish we lived out there so the neighbors couldn't get away with stuff like this.. I need an LGD to keep everyone else safe but am afraid to get another one until we live out there..

Sorry for the downer post but knew my BYC friends are there for support!

Soooo Sorry to hear that Shawn! :hugs

Some people are just so selfish. It is a sad thing you and your family have to be subject to those idiot neighbors. Ugh.

I had a friend send me this link today. I got a kick out of it, it just sounds like so many of us on here :) She said the link reminded her of me lol You guys will totally get this :

http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=EADC17C55558EC771C29B1DCA1C1EC92

ok so I got a question anyone here gotten chickens from Dunlaps?
I bought some hens from a man and he said he got them from the store and when he got them he said they had clipped their beaks to take the points off them so now their beaks are I think too long and one of them her beak is so blunted that she has trouble picking up bugs and she is sooooooooooooo friendly I just don't know what to do I paid this man $10 ea for these hens only to realize they are not in as good a shape as I thought I worry about them eating well and 2 of them I can't seem to keep in my yard and I have clipped their wings they get on top of the fence and up in a tree by the fence I let my hens all free range and 4 of the 6 of them use the coop and are doing great. I sorta wish I didn't get the two red leghorns I like the white sex link and black sex links I have real well. if I could find a way to get another white hen around the same age as my girls I would trade the 2 reds for 1 white sex link mine are 11months old but like I said they do have the beak problems, anyone got any idea what I should do ? the man said he was sure they would be just fine. I have a 4 ft chain-link fence all around my yard and my chia's can't even get out of it so I know they are not walking thru the fence. I would love any advice.

WELCOME to the newbies!! Glad to have you aboard :)

Shawn... so sorry about Porter, that is tough
hugs.gif

All of my birds were panting (even at 10pm..) - felt so bad. I was contemplating putting up a misting system, just need to figure out a few things.

I've been gone this month.. family reunion, trek, scout encampment, work etc.. haven't had time to do much but keep up..

When we went out to do chores tonight we found Porter, our Great Pyrenees had died. I believe he was poisoned... Has not been a fun night... wish we lived out there so the neighbors couldn't get away with stuff like this.. I need an LGD to keep everyone else safe but am afraid to get another one until we live out there..

Sorry for the downer post but knew my BYC friends are there for support!
Oh, that is heart breaking. How can people be so cruel? Poisoning an innocent dog? Really? Disgusting.

I had a friend send me this link today. I got a kick out of it, it just sounds like so many of us on here
smile.png
She said the link reminded her of me lol You guys will totally get this :

http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=EADC17C55558EC771C29B1DCA1C1EC92
Hilarious and oh so sadly true. Very true. Oh and one of my banty roosters, a month old, made a really weird screeching sound this morning. lol. I think he is trying to find his voice! Wish I had an audio of it!

Well it was 110 here today and my hens were so hot I hate it but I have to say the gal Jugs of frozen water did help them some I put one in the hen house in a bowl at 7 am and it still had some ice in it this evening and the one under the hen house was melted but they had the fresh water that was some what cool all day long. I hope this hot weather calms down a bit. Oh and the 2 hens that kept going up a tree instead of going in the hen house finally went in tonight , might be that I had the sprinkler going right were they have been going to get to the tree but what ever it might be I am glad they are going into the house now.... but now we got this dang wind going on just hoping that it don't cause more trouble.

Back
Top Bottom