Ideal poultry feather legs bantam assortment

yellowherb

Songster
5 Years
Mar 22, 2015
Florida
Well I ordered the special priced feather leg bantam assortment. I like surprises :) I was looking forward to getting some D'Uccles and really, really hoping to get a sultan or two. Although I did not get any sultans I think I got one Mille Feur D'Uccle. Ideal sent 30 chicks and that was really nice. The chicks are all fat and fluffy and shipping was amazingly fast. I ordered for 1/27 ship date and received 1/28 and I'm in florida vs their being in TX I think.

The chicks look super healthy, all 30 arrived alive and none look picked on. While I'm not sure exactly what I ended up with other than one I am sure is a barred cochin, all have feathered feet. The assortment was supposed to be Cochins, D'uccles, silkies and/or bantam Brahmas. I have seen none with 5 toes so I'm pretty sure none are silkies (boo) but it does look there is a huge amount of cochins. (4 of the older looking chicks are my own Mille Fleur chicks). Anyway, A+ for healthy chicks and fast delivery B- for assortment, but at the price I paid it was worth it. I would order again.

Any guesses? the one on the back left and two on the right with dark bodies and brown heads are my own Mille's and there's another one in there somewhere. Pic was just a quick one before swapping out to a roomier brooder.

Last edited:
my dad is building me a 8ftLx4ftWx2ft tall brooder just for these chicks that are coming.

oh and this is Speckle....her mom is an Ideal duccle hen and her dad is my serama roo...since you were talking about Ideal's duccle assortment

I have another coming on the 8th which will have standard sultans, surprise pullets and 3 assorted brahma pullets. I think I'm going to need another brooder or to get rid of some of these cochins lol. I'm kicking myself now cause they sent another sale newsletter with a 25 assorted D'uccles and that's what I really wanted! Hubby is freaking out thinking I might order them and boy am I tempted.

She's a real cutie. I have some chicks from a old English splash hen x with mille fleur, can't wait to see what they end up looking like.

I just ordered 25 and got them this last week too!! No silkies and I think 2 d'uccle. But I got mainly brahma and Cochins. They sent extra. I lost four chicks out of 115. My 65 buff orpingtons and 25 polish look great! I should of ordered more! Lol you can never have enough chickens.

lol my husband would kill me for sure if I had 115 chicks. It's very hard to resist them though.

I resold some of my brahma and cochin chicks to a neighbor who runs a mixed flock. They got a deal on them since I said 1.25 each to help me cover the shipping cost. They are pleased as they can be with their new fluffy butts.

I might be misidentifying some of the brahmas and cochin as D'uccles but I think they sent me 4 D'uccles. Anything with poofy checks must be a d'uccle, right?

They had the bantams on sale again this week at ideal so I ordered 25 mottled Cochins and 25 Cornish rocks. No my last order I did get a couple frizzled white Cochins!! I was excited about that!

Back
Top Bottom