Ideal Poultry - Shipping Wednesday *06/27/12* - Anyone Else??

Welcome Dutch552! Thank you for joining! What breed(s) did you order?? I am envious of you getting your chicks by tomorrow!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~​

I got my email! No tracking information though... I think I will call them and ask if they have it LOL. The email said to expect them in the next 72 hours... which means as far out as Saturday!
hit.gif

I actually got two emails LOL, one with my name and address and one without. I guess they wanted to be doubly sure I knew they had shipped them chickies! LOL

So far I have received one email saying they shipped but no tracking info?... I am very rural and the lady at the post office is not the easiest to work with. I am going to ride up there in the morning and tell her they should be coming in soon. It once took me 3 days to get a package from her because she couldn't find it even though I had all the tracking info etc......... I was hoping to have tracking info to "watch" their progress.

CandleGal: That is why I wanted the tracking info also, so I could check where they were at. I did try to call Ideal, but they were already closed for the evening, so I will try them tomorrow morning and see if I can get the tracking number.

We have had some issues with out local PO also, but it was a misunderstanding somewhere on their part and they kept putting my mail in someone elses box LOL. I finally got it ironed out and haven't had a problem since.

We live 6 miles out of a small rural town, population around 800. We used to have a little PO office right up the road, but the lady who ran it retired some years ago and now we have a mail box at the top of the lane but have to go into town to do anything else with the mail. Our mail man will bring down any packages that won't fit in the box right to our door, but I don't want to wait for the him to get here, sometimes he doesn't deliver until the afternoon and it is supposed to be pretty hot the next few days, so I already told the mail lady in at the PO that I had chicks coming and she will call me when they get there, should be about 8:30 in the morning.

You said "ride up", as in on a horse? When we had our little local PO, we used to ride up and get the mail all the time! I kinda miss doing that.
smile.png

I went to tractor supply today and bought a bunny water bottle-- some one else on the forum used it and it worked fine (you might want to guide them to it the first day or so)-- and should be way harder to dirty then a standard waterer... We get 6 of our chicks tommorrow-- so will see...

I wish I had a horse :) No ride up in the minivan aka the kidmobile... It requires me loading up 4 preschoolers and driving past 2 very stinky hog farms so not my favorite country drive. The PO lady doesn't answer the phone there.... but it's worth the drive for my babies. Our mail is usually delivered in the morning so it may be worth it to let our awesome mail lady deliver them, it's not supposed to get hot here until Fri. afternoon and she would probably stick around to see us open the box..
big_smile.png

Just picked mine up from the post office. It looks like they actually shipped out on the 26th instead of the 27th. All were alive and 8 packing peanuts included. I ordered speckled sussex and barred rock males to add new blood to my breeding flock and my wife ordered blue and partridge bantam cochins. The extra roos are likely along the line of production reds given their color.

Cajerseychick: I am very interested if the bunny water bottle works. My husband and I have had many "debates" over the chickens using chicken nipples. But after changing disgusting chicken water for almost a month, I am all for the chickens learning to drink from them and I know some of my hens do, I am just not 100% positivie ALL of my hens are. This winter will tell pretty quick because they will not be out to free range in the snow and the only water available to them will be from the chicken nipples. I LOVE the chicken nipples - no poo, no litter, no dirt, no feathers, no gross in the water! Will you be able to post pics of your 6 fluff bottoms when you get them?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~​
CandleGal: Four preschoolers! I barely survived my last one LOL, she just turned 5 :) Pigs do smell, specially when you get alot of them all together. There is a hog farm we sometimes drive by when we go visit my family in the valley. The kids plug their noses LOL. We are thinking about raising some pigs and if I decide to keep a sow for breeding, I am thinking about going with a pastured breed.
Dutch552: Congratulations!!! Lucky you on the early shipment! I am not sure how I feel about packing peanuts... if I had only ordered a small number of chicks, I wouldn't mind having the extras, but I am worried about having enough room for the ones I did order so I am hoping this time to not get any extras. I love cochins! I will definitely be including some in my next order.
puglady: Thanks for the reply! I was stressing a little that I might get 3 orders LOL, I think I would pass out if I did, that would be 90 chicks!
th.gif

I am going to call Ideal today and see if I can get tracking info. I would like to know which day they will get here as we do have plans to go shopping this weekend and I will have to rearrange plans if they don't arrive until Saturday. I actually wish I was staying home all weekend but we have to pick up fireworks for the kids! We will be gone at least 6 hours, so I want to be sure everyone is eating, drinking and doing good before we go. We also have an inside cat, so I am going to lock her in the bathroom while we are gone!. If the chicks will arrive Saturday I am going to call the fireworks place and see if they are open Sunday and we will have to go down then if they are.
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom