Ideal Poultry?

Where have you ordered from in the past, and what are your objectives with your flock? Eggs? Enjoyment? Meat? Do you have particular breeds in mind?

This kind of info might be helpful.

I’m thinking of ordering a few different breeds, like some welsummers, Buff Orpington, salmon faverolle, spangled Hamburgs.

I ordered from ideal several times and have always had good luck with them
These are 12 leghorn chicks I got from them and all are good layers now.
IMG_20180220_042758.jpg

I have ordered several times from Ideal. They are a wonderful hatchery! Good customer service, and nice birds. The coloring has always been very nice, even if the birds overall conformation isn't perfect. I've ordered Salmon Faverolles, Cream Brabanters, Gold Brabanters, Silver Campines, Blue Hamburgs, Silkies, Frizzle Cochins, Modern Game, D'uccle, etc. Here are some pics:
IMG_0011 (1).JPG IMG_0149 (640x480).jpg IMG_0008.JPG IMG_20180109_163304~2 (531x640).jpg

Many years ago I ordered chicks from Ideal and also from a local feed store that got their chicks from Ideal. They chicks were ok. They are a hatchery and that's what you get, hatchery chicks. Nothing special about the breeds. They do not do selective breeding. Here is a video from another hatchery.

I’m thinking of ordering some chicks in the spring from Ideal poultry. I’m wondering if anyone on here has ordered from there before. If so how was their service and what birds did you order? I would love to see pictures!

Thank you!:)
I ordered 11 from Ideal Poultry and took delivery October 17. I ordered SLW, Buff Orpington, 4 Choice, EE. Service was fine. One of the EE didn't make it but I don't think the had anything to do with Ideal.

Ive bought chicks from local feed stores before and had them die, so wont be upset if a couple dont make it after the shipment due to stress.
Poor things spend forever getting out of the shell, get checked for which sex they are, shoved in a box, and sent to bumpoop anywhere. Between leaving thier "home" and your house, they get tossed around, kicked around, mistreated by postal workers and uncaring workers. Those who survive all that should get a medal.

Ive bought chicks from local feed stores before and had them die, so wont be upset if a couple dont make it after the shipment due to stress.
Poor things spend forever getting out of the shell, get checked for which sex they are, shoved in a box, and sent to bumpoop anywhere. Between leaving thier "home" and your house, they get tossed around, kicked around, mistreated by postal workers and uncaring workers. Those who survive all that should get a medal.
I ordered old english bantams in Aug. of this year, they are really nice birds. They sent extras, none were DOA, I did loose 4, but they were just weak.

I placed an order with themfor the first time in July this year. I ordered 7 day old chicks. I bought 3 EE’s, 2 salmon favorelles, and 2 cuckoo Marans. Overall, I’m very pleased, they all survived and I now have 4 hens laying, still waiting for the favorelles to lay, not sure why they aren’t yet. My only somewhat complaint would be that I specifically ordered salmon favorelles hens because I love how they look. Mine don’t look like what you see if you google them, with the lighter coloring underneath. They are darker reddish/brown, which I have heard will likely happen with hatchery favorelles. My order was for 7 pullets, but I now have a beautiful Cuckoo Marans Rooster. One out of 7 isn’t too bad, I suppose lol. I would order from them again.

Back
Top Bottom