Ideal Poultry

I love the big blue one! Is she a blue orpington? Sorry REALY BAD with my breeds still!

No need to be sorry.

I do have blue Orps too, but no, it's a Blue Isbar - I test hatched them for a friend of mine to check fertility before she started selling them. They are a rare breed just imported into the US by Greenfire Farms. They lay a green egg.

And the one on the right is an Icelandic.

Here's what they look like all grown up:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/622326/six-6-blue-isbar-hatching-eggs-for-auction/0_50

Last edited:
ep.gif
I GOTTA GET ME SOMA THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I order from Ideal, and this year I ordered from Meyer for my new layers. Their prices were really good this year and they mostly had the varieties I wanted. The big thing was Meyer's prices on turkeys this year were REALLY good.

But I have always had very good chickens from Ideal. And I like that you can order just a few.

I just 2 bantam special orders in this past Thursday. One as assorted cochin the other assorted bantams. All but one of the 58 are still alive. One died 48 hours later...just too weak. Wasn't gonna survive. They sent extras, plenty of them.

I was very impressed with the packing and viability of the chicks. All alert and active and thriving but the one. They sent extras! I am very please. I shared some with a friend and will share others with another friend. I didn't want this many, but I wanted 25 and the 50 specials were cheaper than ordering the 25....chicken math!

Back
Top Bottom