Ideal's Cornish Rocks vs Cornish X

What I don't get why Cornish rocks have such leg problems but malays don't Cornish rocks are humongous but the breed malays look even bigger of the pics I've seen

Last edited:
What I don't get why Cornish rocks have such leg problems but malays don't Cornish rocks are humongous but the breed malays look even bigger of the pics I've seen

Malay roosters go about 12lbs - and they're tall birds with big legs, and heavy structural systems.

A Cornish Cross rooster may go 15-20 if he survives that long and food isn't restricted too much - and he won't have nearly the bone structure - they're just not bred/designed for it. They're designed to get to about 8lbs as quickly as possible with as little food as possible - and they do that very well. It's irrelevant whether they live long enough to breed, because that's not their purpose.

I've seen Cornish rock survive to be almost 2 throw off some offspring even the offspring did a lot better then there father he couldn't fly at all had to set him up on a roost I felt he may have lived longer if he wasn't such a easy target to predators after we put him on the yard dog killed him 3 days later I wished had pics of the black giant rooster we kept off him he was big too but could actually fly but was still a fat rooster

Back
Top Bottom