Ideas on Quail feeders please

Very simple and zero (and I mean zero) waste: Put the traditional chicken feeder into a dog bowl that fits around it. They have to bend their heads down to eat, it stays in the dish, seriously, zero waste. And zero poop in it, too.

One of these kind:

into this:

Very simple and zero (and I mean zero) waste: Put the traditional chicken feeder into a dog bowl that fits around it. They have to bend their heads down to eat, it stays in the dish, seriously, zero waste. And zero poop in it, too.

One of these kind:

You can cut the top off of these plastic jars and slip a piece of 3 ft 4" PVC and now you have a week long auto feeder instead of a day just use a PVC cap to cover the pipe.

Here's my setup. A picture is worth 1000 words right? (That white powder is their calcium, not poop. ;-) In case anyone's wondering.)

You can cut the top off of these plastic jars and slip a piece of 3 ft 4" PVC and now you have a week long auto feeder instead of a day just use a PVC cap to cover the pipe.
I will have to look into this and review your photos to see how to set this up.

The wholes are 2 1/8". I fill it once a week. I only have four birds in that cage tho. That pipe is bigger than 2 inches ( my mistake I will check it in the morning and repost)And it's almost 4 feet long. If you make the wholes just big enough for a birds head to fit you will get no wasted feed on the ground. Also I hot glued a rock to the side so it wouldn't roll over. This is key!

One of these kind:

into this:

Do you think this would work for keeping poop out of their water? Thats my problem!

Back
Top Bottom