Identify ducklings? Take a peek at these "Pekins"

I vent sexed them when I got them and they seem to be all girls, but I am NOT an expert duckling sexer!!! My buffs seem to be colored like females though. No dark heads.

That is awesome..I wouldn't even know what to look for/at in sexing a baby chick!
you are smart!

Thanks :) learn all you can right? Well the buff coloring part I was talking about was for my 6 week old ducklings ;) almost fully feathered. But the vent sexing was at a week (ish) old.

So I told you guys I would update with pictures once some more feathers came in... the brown are for sure Buffs. The gray one, still unsure.

I tried to sneak pics through the window. If I open the sliding door they all scatter.

The gray (Abigail) is not really looking WH to me. She's just grey and white, no sign of blue or tan feathers yet.

can I ask where you got them? To me they almost look like baby Indian Runners. They start out yellow like Pekins but change to many different colors. I have fawn and white and I love them. Do you have any photos of them standing?

I got them from a "mom and pop" feed store in Alvin Texas called The List/Santa Fe feed.

They aren't runners. They stand short and stout. So does the gray one. Only difference is color. I'll try to get some better pics of them but they move so fast!!

So I told you guys I would update with pictures once some more feathers came in... the brown are for sure Buffs. The gray one, still unsure.

I tried to sneak pics through the window. If I open the sliding door they all scatter.

The gray (Abigail) is not really looking WH to me. She's just grey and white, no sign of blue or tan feathers yet.
It almost looks like a blue swedish but the feathers seem to light. I'm going to guess it's some type of crossbreed

I would call the feed store and ask them what hatchery they use. That should tell you what breeds they have at the hatchery to really narrow it down.

Back
Top Bottom