Identifying color of pigeon

Wyandottes7

Crowing
6 Years
Jul 24, 2013
I have two three-week-old Baldhead Roller pigeon squabs. One is definitely a Blue Bar, but I don't know the color on the other one. The father pigeon was a Blue Bar and the female was a Blue Check. I'm looking for ideas on what color the unidentified squab is.

Bluish Squab on Ground.JPG This is the unidentified squab.
Bluish One Being Held.JPG
Bluish Squab.JPG
Close-up of Bluish Squab.JPG

Both Squabs Together.JPG The unidentified squab and its sibling (who I think is a Blue Bar).

Blue Bar Squab.JPG The unidentified squab's sibling.
Whole Family.JPG The whole family. The cock is on the left and the hen is on the right.

I have two three-week-old Baldhead Roller pigeon squabs. One is definitely a Blue Bar, but I don't know the color on the other one. The father pigeon was a Blue Bar and the female was a Blue Check. I'm looking for ideas on what color the unidentified squab is.

View attachment 1449501This is the unidentified squab.
View attachment 1449500
View attachment 1449496
View attachment 1449504

View attachment 1449503 The unidentified squab and its sibling (who I think is a Blue Bar).

View attachment 1449499 The unidentified squab's sibling.
View attachment 1449506 The whole family. The cock is on the left and the hen is on the right.
Getting an Error message trying to view your fotos.:confused:

Thanks for the links and suggestions! Pigeon genetics sure are complex. It does seem like the squab is a dilute barless blue (I guess the "official" name would likely be Dun Barless). The father and mother must have both carried "barless" and the father must have carried the dilute allele of the blue gene. If the squab really is a Dun Barless, then it must be a female.

Back
Top Bottom