If I post it, will they call???

I'd pay! There is no one around here, to my knowledge, that does that. I found directions on line for 'easy' butchering without plucking, basically open the chest, cut out the breast meat and throw out the rest. I tried it on a mean cockerel & still made a mess of it, and felt bad for the waste. I had rabbits in 4H, much easier to butcher. Nope, no rabbits now. Enough on the agenda now as it is.
I'm going to a friend's in November to learn how to do turkeys. Will let ya know what I'd pay for that.

I meant to say I am down south in sunny Florida
cool.png

I do know it took me almost 2 months to find someone who would sell me chickens off of Craigs list to kill, they all seem to expect some kind of forever home for excess roosters so,really, there might not be many people who would want me to show them how to kill their birds
gig.gif

Never mind, back to the drawing board!

HollyTree, if you and I both try failure wont seem so lonely and success will be that much sweeter
big_smile.png

And Craigs list is free to advertise so nothing risked either!

Hmmmmmm, this should be interesting at the Christmas dinner, "And what have YOU been getting up to this year?"
gig.gif

I think it is a great idea that just needs a little tweeking. Like another poster said, you should incorperate a mobile culling/processing station. You could go out and do the deed for them. I saw another post where someone had put all of their processing suff on a trailer so they could move it where ever they needed it. A lot of people don't want to have to load all of the birds up to take to the processor.

Quote:
I'm really am thinking about it. Arkansas is duck capitol, so look how many people want to hunt, but really don't want to clean the ducks. You're in Florida? I think you should incorporate cleaning peoples fish too. Wow, mobile butchering. It's crazy enough to work! Keep us all posted on how the adventure goes.

Back
Top Bottom