If you use sav-a-chick do you notice your water smelling odd?

gale65

Songster
9 Years
Aug 19, 2010
north central indiana
My Coop
My Coop
Not bad, just weird. I'm using bragg's vinegar, probios and sav-a-chick and the water smells weird plus is slimy (not algae slimy but still slimy). I'm sure it's not the ACV so I'm curious if anyone has had this problem just using sav-a-chick. I may just put the kibosh on the pro bios and see if they'll eat yogurt every day once they are in the run. Or mix the pro bios in with some feed in a pan or something.

You put the probios in the water? No wonder it's slimy.
lol.png
It's a tube of live organisms.

I only use one thing a day for mine.
I never mix anything considering that some can cancel out the others. Especially the ACV.
I use several different vitamins, minerals, ACV and one day a week they get pure clean water. I have well water so they often say it tastes funny without "flavor."
big_smile.png

Quote:
The kind I have is supposed to go in water. I think I'll do like the PP and just use one thing at a time. Only thing is, I'm planning to start using a bucket w/ nipples and won't be changing it out every day like I do now. So I guess I can just alternate each time I refill the bucket.

I personally have never used used sav-a-chik or pro biotics or ACV. . .But if you would like to figure out what it is try mixing the water with just the ACV If its not slimy its not the vinegar. Then try it with just the Pro-Biotics if its not slimy its not the Pro-Biotics, then try with just the Sav-A-Chik.

Collin.

Last edited:
I think it was the sav-a-chick. Yesterday I put in water, ACV and probios and today when I went to change the water, it didn't smell and didn't look at slimy (I didn't feel it-just rinsed it out-I'm squeamish). I think I will just quit with the sav-a-chick unless someone has problems. it's in the 60s here right now so it's not hot or anything anyway. Today I put only ACV. I'm going to do probios every other day and maybe I'll do the sav-a-chick alone once a week or something.

Back
Top Bottom