Illinois...

Tom was 24 ibs before processing. 8lbs skinless boneless breasts and 7lbs skinless legs.
When I went to check on him around 4pm, he looked really bad. I put my jacket over him, covering his head too. He didn't struggle so I didn't put him in the cone, I pick them up by the legs to put in the cone. I didn't want to hurt him anymore than necessary. When I used the pipe cutter it just cut one side and he was calmly bleeding out. When his head sagged it stopped the flow. So I did the other side and severed the head off. I started feeling nauseous. I had skipped lunch, so I thought that might be it or allergies. I put him in the cone and went to eat and take allergy meds. Still didn't feel right and when I got back rigor was starting so I wasn't going to use the plucker, so I just skinned the best parts.
His hip on the left side was very loose in the socket.
As soon as I was done I felt much better, so I was a sissy ...or the food kicked in LOL

Sorry he didn't get any better but it sounds like you gave him a peaceful end. And glad you didn't puke!

Lots of help in the yard this morning. We're expanding my garden this year and the boys got started while Sasha tries to train the baby chicks to stay with their flock when they come out of the run.

PXL_20210404_142247205.jpg
PXL_20210404_142326708.jpg
PXL_20210404_142329871.jpg
PXL_20210404_142339204.jpg
PXL_20210404_142343452.jpg
PXL_20210404_143212013.jpg
PXL_20210404_143312467.jpg
PXL_20210404_150706845.jpg

The Easter Bunny doesn't visit our house but the chickens did their best!

PXL_20210404_024500489.PORTRAIT.jpg

Easter baskets, a trip to the pet store for a dog tag (and more dog toys and treats of course), a quick stop at McDonald's for drinks that somehow included a nuggets happy meal and now play time for the dogs and kids, AKA I get to sit down in my chair and relax for a few minutes - Nix that, DS just came in wanting me to join them outside.
In a few hours we have to go to my parents for a family Easter dinner/get-together.
I just checked the calendar for the week and it looks like I'm slammed all week then a bursary pay for my niece on Saturday and I have the kids Sunday while DW goes to a baby shower and then I'm slammed all next week. No break... I know we were just on vacation, but I feel like I need a break to just settle back in catch up on sleep after all the driving and minimal sleep the past two days.

Easter baskets, a trip to the pet store for a dog tag (and more dog toys and treats of course), a quick stop at McDonald's for drinks that somehow included a nuggets happy meal and now play time for the dogs and kids, AKA I get to sit down in my chair and relax for a few minutes - Nix that, DS just came in wanting me to join them outside.
In a few hours we have to go to my parents for a family Easter dinner/get-together.
I just checked the calendar for the week and it looks like I'm slammed all week then a bursary pay for my niece on Saturday and I have the kids Sunday while DW goes to a baby shower and then I'm slammed all next week. No break... I know we were just on vacation, but I feel like I need a break to just settle back in catch up on sleep after all the driving and minimal sleep the past two days.
Don't forget Tuesday is voting day!

Has anyone ordered gravel delivered? I need about 1.5 yards and I'm finding small amounts that I can go get off the shelves or 5+ yards delivery. Not much in the middle. I was going to text the guy who does yard work and some projects for me but he'll just want me to hire him to do this one and I can for sure do it myself and save some $$ plus every time I get him involved it takes 3 times as long and costs double. LOL!!! I just want someone to dump it in my driveway and I can do the rest.

Has anyone ordered gravel delivered? I need about 1.5 yards and I'm finding small amounts that I can go get off the shelves or 5+ yards delivery. Not much in the middle. I was going to text the guy who does yard work and some projects for me but he'll just want me to hire him to do this one and I can for sure do it myself and save some $$ plus every time I get him involved it takes 3 times as long and costs double. LOL!!! I just want someone to dump it in my driveway and I can do the rest.
I use Western Landscaping and Illinois Landscape Supply. Both are in/near Plainfield.

Back
Top Bottom