Illinois...

Is that RP Home and Harvest open in Morris now? I haven't been over there in a few months.
20% ducks over 8wks $15 50lb Big r
KIMG0388_02.JPG

KIMG0387_01.JPG

Last edited:
Does anyone have any quail (/eggs) available? I have a friend looking for some.
I gave my quail away last weekend. I only have "some" eggs now, but will probably start again in spring. My friend who took the quail lives in West Chicago. She'd probably be able to sell some eggs while the quail are still laying. (They tend to stop production in winter. She is trying artificial light, so we'll see how that works.)

I hear you. Some molds are toxic though.
Also, this is the ducks' feed. I intend to eat the 4 extra drakes. I don't fancy the idea of eating meat that was raised with moldy food.
That said, I did remove as much of the compacted moldy clumps as I can and most of the feed seems fine. I just will keep a vigilant eye on it for now and make sure any nasty bits are removed. I think we'll be able to get through this batch of feed and then switch to back to pellets. I an going to check with Ludwigs. I recall they used to carry a Prince feed that was 30% protein, but cannot ferment if it's pellets. If it it's though, I could mix it with layer feed to achieve 18-20% protein, which is what the ducks seem to do well with. I checked with a feed store in Channahon and found they have a 20% protein pellet feed for $18 for 50lb. It's the same price, but higher protein and pelleted. I also checked with Tri-County, but they were more expensive.
Its sad we can no longer get our feed from tamblyn. He made non soy for us so it was pea base rather than soy. Would have had enough niacin.

Happy Friday!
I need to keep doing clean up this weekend, but we have a wedding to go to tomorrow and my sister asked me to attend another wedding with her this evening since my brother-in-law got stuck having to work. That said, I'll be extra hungover on Sunday and probably not want to clean up the pens and the yard.
It needs to get down though before the weather gets much worse. This wet weather is causing enough trouble with mud puddles in the runs. I want to get the rest of the lawn cut and chip the rest of the branches I have piled up in the yard and apply those clippings and wood chips to the duck run. The chicken run dries quickly, but the ducks splash so much water that after a good rain their run stays muddy for 2-3 days even though it drains fairly well thanks to the 3-4ft of gravel, pavers and wood debris I filled the old pond in with. Ducks are just wet animals... And they trample mulch and grass clippings so much that within just a few days they get incorporated into the soil and it's a muddy mess again. I cannot wait for leaves. As much as I detest the cold weather, I look forward to the free mulch. I think I'm going to ask the neighbors for leaves again too. With any luck, I'll get a huge pile in both runs and just keep spreading it as the runs get muddy, or perhaps the birds will spread the leaves for me even.

Last couple weeks outright suck if I'm honest and can vent. Washing machine went out. Swap it (luckily I keep a spare), then I get RSV (DD had it for a week), come home sick to find a puddle on the kitchen floor. Start feeling around for leak and hot water hose explodes in my hand. Plug and try to turn water off and valve breaks. Run to water heater and shut valve but no effect on water, valve didn't close. Turn off main water. 10 min till Depot closes but plumbing guy already left. Someone else tried to help but gave me all wrong stuff. I was able to find stuff on my work truck to mostly plug so I could shower. Today no water pressure in my subdivision and DD throws up on the couch.
Now lots of bad but also lots of blessings. For instance my CX drink 4 gallons of water a day. I was able to collect enough rain water for them.
The spiritual battles are strong lately. I do believe we are entering end times prophecy era.

Last couple weeks outright suck if I'm honest and can vent. Washing machine went out. Swap it (luckily I keep a spare), then I get RSV (DD had it for a week), come home sick to find a puddle on the kitchen floor. Start feeling around for leak and hot water hose explodes in my hand. Plug and try to turn water off and valve breaks. Run to water heater and shut valve but no effect on water, valve didn't close. Turn off main water. 10 min till Depot closes but plumbing guy already left. Someone else tried to help but gave me all wrong stuff. I was able to find stuff on my work truck to mostly plug so I could shower. Today no water pressure in my subdivision and DD throws up on the couch.
Now lots of bad but also lots of blessings. For instance my CX drink 4 gallons of water a day. I was able to collect enough rain water for them.
The spiritual battles are strong lately. I do believe we are entering end times prophecy era.

Definitely a bad time for you guys. Glad you can count your blessings.
With everything going on everywhere, it sure makes one think about the 3 horsemen.

Well hangover part 1 is here... last night was a good time at the first wedding. It was an unexpected one where I was my sister's plus one. She and I seemed to be the life of the party, danced all night and one of the few people on the dance floor much of the time. I forgot to do some of the classics though like the lawn mower, sprinkler, screw driver and grocery cart. I guess I'll have to bust those out tonight with DW at this next wedding.

Well another sucky thing. .
The little poult was dead this morning. Probably had something wrong with it was why the moms didn't want it.
Better under my watch than yours...your kids would have been heartbroken

Back
Top Bottom