Illinois...

How you search for things, the sources you choose are often heavily geared toward bias confirmation.
I try to read or watch things on both sides.... I haven't found any that aren't biased one way or the other.... I find inaccuracies on both sides. I figure, as usual, the truth is somewhere in between.

It’s actually kind of amazing how just changing the phrasing of what you search can impact your results. And because of my majors in college I tend to read mostly primary source things. The more that information is filtered through secondary sources the more bias it picks up.

but yea being able to acknowledge that the sources have bias and then find the balance is super important to being able to understand everything that goes on. Most if not all media sources are best with some salt. How much depends on how far from primary sourcing it gets.

I’m not wanting to argue. But perspective is everything. Some of the shortages with chips and things are forcing jobs back to the us. Factories are being built here again. If the sources you are reading are too negative. Find new sources that will highlight things like above. One of my best college classes I took was on research, that’s it. All about how to do research. How you search for things, the sources you choose are often heavily geared toward bias confirmation.

Look for good in the universe and you can find it. Look for chaos and you will find it.

also try to remember that vaccine mandates aren’t new. Many jobs have had them forever. I was thankful for the mandatory flu vaccine in the NICU nurses when my child was born with underdeveloped lungs and on a vent because he was born even before viability. The flu could have killed him, and frankly still probably could. And even the slight reduction in risk was a big relief. Husband is having to get a yellow fever shot for his new job. People have always made choices about the jobs they have and what they are willing to do for them. This has just been way more politicized on both sides than it should be. Our exchange students can’t fathom why this is such a difficult concept for people here, because in places like Italy the culture around the vaccine is so different. Keep in mind your perspective and biases when viewing the world and see if you can find a little more light instead.

on a chicken note our almost five year old girls are in probably the roughest looking molt I’ve seen. They haven’t laid anything since mid summer. I think they are just at that point where we just let them live out their lives and full blown pets.
I absolutely respect difference of opinion. And I appreciate different views. No argument here, discussion. You are correct in urging caution. I have been following several people for years and have sorted out nay sayers. Many analysts are doom and gloom and I take their info in with the opposite. I am not screaming the sky is falling, just saying be cautious. 100 container ships clogged at the port is a fact, chip shortage is a fact, several of China biggest real estate companies going bankrupt is a fact, my customers trucks out of service (4 months so far, 6 more to go) waiting on parts is a fact, DW went to Panda Express yesterday and they had a sign for menu items having a chicken shortage, chicken feed is up 30%, meat is up 40%. Local peterbilt dealers have hundreds of trucks waiting on same part. A lot of things stacking up and I just want to communicate the facts so everyone can make their own decisions on preparing.

Yes some factories are in the works but it would be years before a single chip is produced even if given all green lights. Making chips is extremely complex which is why few other places have tried. Certain chips can only be made in Taiwan due to the complexity of the chip. Nowhere else in the world is capable.
Yes some places have had vaccine mandates but we aren't talking about "some", this is "all". After learning the V is made directly from or tested on abort ed feet uses I will not be taking it. I do not support that. The flu vaccine is just a weaking strain of the flu, it is safe.
Thanks and be safe

Last edited:
My last post I promise. Fyi
Covid 19 vax has killed more people than all other vax combined since 1990. And still no long term data.
On a virus that is 99.7% survivable.
Screenshot_20211010-201305_Write on PDF.jpg

our almost five year old girls are in probably the roughest looking molt I’ve seen. They haven’t laid anything since mid summer. I think they are just at that point where we just let them live out their lives and full blown pets.
Don't count them out yet!

I have a 9-yr-old EE. Her eggs were chosen as grand champion for DuPage county. Thankfully we collected enough, because the day before the 4H poultry show she laid her last egg of 2021. LOL Her cycle gets a little shorter every year, but from mid-March to mid-July she's producing 3-4 beautiful blue eggs per week. I never expected her to live this long. She was a curious trouble-maker in her youth and is now content being the flock matriarch.

My last post I promise. Fyi
Covid 19 vax has killed more people than all other vax combined since 1990. And still no long term data.
On a virus that is 99.7% survivable.
View attachment 2861939
You have to look at context around data like this. Vaers can include any death after having the vaccine. Not just direct vaccine caused death. Using charts like this with out explanations and context are huge part of the problem with the internet. You can take something. Share it. No sources linked. No context. And it goes. Someone who dies of a car crash on their way home from the shot can be reported to this. Same way deaths not caused by covid directly were reported. Data on deaths due to strict vaccination causation won’t likely be available for years.

Don't count them out yet!

I have a 9-yr-old EE. Her eggs were chosen as grand champion for DuPage county. Thankfully we collected enough, because the day before the 4H poultry show she laid her last egg of 2021. LOL Her cycle gets a little shorter every year, but from mid-March to mid-July she's producing 3-4 beautiful blue eggs per week. I never expected her to live this long. She was a curious trouble-maker in her youth and is now content being the flock matriarch.
That’s incredible she’s doing that wel at her age! One of our EE girls is the only older gal still laying. The olive egger we got this year is by far our best layer at this point, so maybe she can aspire lol.

Back
Top Bottom