I'm an Okie chicken lover too!

lirette

In the Brooder
Sep 16, 2015
Oklahoma
I live just outside of Checotah and Henryetta. I told more about myself in the new intro part, but am proud to say that I completed my NPIP certification yesterday. I look forward to meeting fellow Oklahoma chicken people.

I considered not doing it also until I helped my cousin do her flock. It was only $5 and VERY easy. The tester was extremely nice. It makes a difference when it comes to selling your birds I'm finding out. I bet it didn't take us 30-45 minutes to do 30+ birds and that was in the rain. I advise it just because of the ease and the knowing your helping to be part of the eradication. They also will come get any bird that dies on your place with some exceptions of reasons and to me that would help knowing what happened, as they will let you know what the outcome is. I to am just a small hobby farm. No pressure of course from me, I just found the simplicity of it.

Congratulations on your NPIP certification and
welcome-byc.gif
There are several Okie threads you can visit...one is more North Eastern Oklahoma and the other includes folks from all over the state.
Come share some photos of your flock!.

I have to apologize dustydave I didn't mean to use the word advise. I woke up this morning and realized I should of said recommend. Didn't mean to sound rude. Sorry about that

Back
Top Bottom