I'm Attempting to Heal a Duck w/ Likely Aspergillosis

Pics
I'm going to call it and say I think our girl is healed! She's going after my toes every time I step near her, she's eating well and even chomped down on her cricket treats. She's back to following me all over the house so she will go back into her diapers today or tomorrow. Lots of tail wagging. Tons of affection and giving hugs Still a bit of a hoarse voice and she isn't using it as much, but she IS using it. So other than maybe giving a final update in a week or so, I think I can say the therapies and her sheer will were a success! (and honestly, catching it early and not allowing her to re-enter the environment where she caught the aspergillis were probably the biggest factors).

I will be keeping a vial or two of that oil mix in her first aid kit from now on. And I'm super thankful I had a first aid kit for her with the other stuff so that she was able to start support therapy immediately. I'll be stocking that back up and probably adding a few more things to it just to be safe. I highly recommend to new duck caretakers to have a kit ready to go.

Thank you all for your support through this and just for being there. You guys helped me stay sane.

Yep, Miss Dewey is back. She foraged for over an hour yesterday, preened the cat, stood on one foot to sleep, and stalks me with her judgmental side eye if I eat something in front of her - and promptly takes it out of my mouth, hands or off my plate. She threw a fit yesterday and pulled my textbook off the couch to let me know I needed to share. THAT'S my duck. lol She is 100% now. And though she has always been a very loving girl, she is a bit more so now; I think she knows how bad it was and we really bonded a lot during the last few weeks.

Then she shat on my foot.

I love her.

It has been about 10 days since our last update and I am happy to say Miss Dewey is 100% and has maintained that since the last update. Perfect in every way, full of energy (and sass; ugh), eating, running, playing, and all the things ducks should do.

I will definitely take the same approach if she ever gets a respiratory issue again.

It has been about 10 days since our last update and I am happy to say Miss Dewey is 100% and has maintained that since the last update. Perfect in every way, full of energy (and sass; ugh), eating, running, playing, and all the things ducks should do.

I will definitely take the same approach if she ever gets a respiratory issue again.
I loved following your thread, you have one lucky girl, that you were willing to stick with her through this. I commend you, you did a great job. I'm so glad there was a happy ending!

I am so happy for y'all 🙌 🎊.

I loved following your thread, you have one lucky girl, that you were willing to stick with her through this. I commend you, you did a great job. I'm so glad there was a happy ending!
Thank you so much!!!!! <3 <3 <3 I am happy to mail out a vial of this stuff anytime someone needs it. lol I am still a bit in awe that it worked.

Back
Top Bottom