I'm just curious, how many vegans are there on this site?

Quote:
No the reality is that those cage free, pesticide free, organic this and that and the other eggs are WAY more expensive than others. Have you SEEN the price of them lately.

Normal eggs are like $1.50 a carton and those organic eggs are like way over $4 bucks. Milk is extremely high too....

The sad fact is that PRICE is driving what people buy, not where the chickens live.

If more organic and natural health food was less expensive, I'd eat it too. But that isn't the reality in todays market.

I can't afford to go on a diet, because I can't afford the lean, fat free, organic, natural foods and such. It all add's up to a very high price tag.

Actually it is a total waste of money. "Cage free" eggs are not cage free anyway.

Quote:
No the reality is that those cage free, pesticide free, organic this and that and the other eggs are WAY more expensive than others. Have you SEEN the price of them lately.

Normal eggs are like $1.50 a carton and those organic eggs are like way over $4 bucks. Milk is extremely high too....

The sad fact is that PRICE is driving what people buy, not where the chickens live.

If more organic and natural health food was less expensive, I'd eat it too. But that isn't the reality in todays market.

I can't afford to go on a diet, because I can't afford the lean, fat free, organic, natural foods and such. It all add's up to a very high price tag.

Better to worry less about that organic label and just by farm direct. Cheaper and usually just as good or better quality. It also supports the local economy which helps keep money in the country.

Quote:
We do buy some veggies and things from farmers markets sometimes. But its usually when we are out in the country or in smaller towns.

We haven't found a farmers market in the immediate DFW area yet. There was an old Railroad Depot that had been converted to a farmers market in Downtown Fort Worth a few years ago, but I dont think it lasted very long. I haven't seen it advertised in a LONG time!

My husband and i have not eaten meat in a couple years. We drink milk, eat our own chicken's eggs, and eat fish (i'm not sure i could give up sushi as a special treat). i try to avoid animal products (and anything made in China), but it is an ongoing process. True Vegan is a little too extreme for me at this time. i find my body craves protein, and beans just don't do it, ergo the continuing fish consumption. Just trying to find a balance between need and conscience.

Quote:
I wonder how many people flipped their keyboard over after they read that! LOL

I did!

I did, too. LOL
You should have seen what fell out of it too!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom