Im Keen to get into chicken Showing!!!~advice please(:

ChickenerMan

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 2, 2014
New Zealand
Hi Guys Im very keen to get into showing. I live in New Zealand and im wondering how to get some good stock.
I live in town so am unsure whether i can de crow a rooster and breed but dont know anything about this..lol.
I currently have a good Blue Orpington but she isn't ready for this show this year because she is moulting :( never mind... i will try to post some pics of her later.
I want to know...
What special housing they need or if they can just free range?
Do they have to be tame birds that enjoy being held..and what is the best way to tame chooks?
How hard is it?
Basically what does it involve?

Anyone know some websites/breeders in NZ that have great stock.
Help is appreciated Thanks!!!!
celebrate.gif

Hi Guys Im very keen to get into showing. I live in New Zealand and im wondering how to get some good stock.
I live in town so am unsure whether i can de crow a rooster and breed but dont know anything about this..lol.
I currently have a good Blue Orpington but she isn't ready for this show this year because she is moulting :( never mind... i will try to post some pics of her later.
I want to know...
What special housing they need or if they can just free range?
Do they have to be tame birds that enjoy being held..and what is the best way to tame chooks?
How hard is it?
Basically what does it involve?

Anyone know some websites/breeders in NZ that have great stock.
Help is appreciated Thanks!!!!
celebrate.gif
I don't know much about showing, but from what I have seen at bird shows, it would be good to get a calmer bird. So it is easier for judges to inspect them. Hope this helps! (though probably not much
hmm.png
xD)

Back
Top Bottom