I'm setting eggs tonight 2/2/12, any hatching buddies out there wanna join me?

I have 25 Lav (and a couple split) Ameraucana eggs in there, lol! I am sure at least one is going to be a girl. ;)
I have two more zipping and about 4 other pips. They are doing better than I thought they would!

awesome! 25 lav am eggs...what a pretty flock...and cochins...my favorite! are they the calico speckled ones (forget the name..mille flur?lol..sorry) like your pic? I have always wanted some of them...beautiful...I have LF cochins and they are all gentle sweet things...can't wait to see you pics....

#9 has finally hatched!!!!!!!! a full 18 hours after the first one hatched, #10 is still trying to get out, been watching it all day, so hard to not help it out....
th.gif
Tmrw is day 23, if any haven't hatched by the time I get home from work around 2pm, I doubt they are gonna hatch.

Its hard to get pics w/ them still in the bator, they do like to chase the light beam from the flashlight tho, so funny!
Tmrw for sure, once they are in the brooder box.

I've had chicks hatch on day 26. Best thing to do BEFORE you toss is candle to see if you see movement or a heart beat.
I had our first 2 slws hatch along with 2 ams .
Came home to all but 3 out of 15 jg hatched
Lots of chicks running around the hatcher.

awesome! 25 lav am eggs...what a pretty flock...and cochins...my favorite! are they the calico speckled ones (forget the name..mille flur?lol..sorry) like your pic? I have always wanted some of them...beautiful...I have LF cochins and they are all gentle sweet things...can't wait to see you pics....

Looks like only 6 are going to hatch. The last one I had to help out and it doesn't look good.
I have Mille Fleur, but these ones in the incubator are large fowl. I have a gorgeous blue boy from Tom Roebuck's birds I wanted to get some girlfriends for. The Milles will have to wait. My husband said we had to focus on the Ameraucanas first... Can you tell who his favorites are?

I'll have pics once mine fluff - I promise!

I will get better pics today. The first pics I took all you see is blurrs cus they were moving so much.
Only 1 Ameraucana egg hatched and 5 Silkie eggs. The Silkie eggs I just put in there as fillers cus I only have a few Ameraucana hens. I am disappointed over the blue eggs.
sad.png

Those silkie chicks are ubber cute. 1 was really shrink wrapped so I am gonna pick up some baby wash today to see if I can clean her up better. She has been the loudest chick all night. All the others keep giving her dirty looks.

Got up this morning to a baby and 7 pips now I have 3 babies out that hatched rather fast and 10 pips left to go out of 27 eggs in the incubator. We don't start day 21 for another hour. Come one babies!!!

So when I woke up this morning there were 16 turkeys and chicks in the bator!
wee.gif
I put a humidifier in the bathroom, waited an hour and then pulled them out into the brooder. Since then another turkey and 2 chicks have hatched out. I believe that leaves 13 eggs left to go (wish I had had the courage to pull out the shells and arrange the remaining eggs into the center... it's difficult now to check on the eggs... which might be a good thing). Here are some pics. Once I got the humidity down, it hasn't been a problem. I've kept the humidity on the low side (60's) because I'm concerned that I have eggs that might still need to lose moisture. Happy hatching!!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom