Improving existing fence to keep bobcat out of chicken yard

Oh, thanks so much. Five and 12 are about the height so I have in addition to a three footer in case A bear comes nosing around. Baiting the wire is ay great idea. My question is … I assume you put a small piece of meat and won’t it just zap till it falls.? We have had several geckos that met their fate on the wire, and you could hear it zapping which I would think would scare the cat away. Maybe you didn’t mean to put the meat on the fence but right behind it on a post or something? I’m encouraged to hear that using electric fence was mentioned by the DNR. I had no idea if they sniff the fence or just leap over it. I do keep the fence on 24 seven now and haven’t had a problem. Of course the bobcats may be in another area right now. Thank you for the idea!
e
The DNR said adding a single strand of electric fence thru the woods around your property will stop some predators before they approach the fence around your chickens.
Great ideas I’ll try that also. Thank you so much
Welcome! I had to dig for tips on how to bait my fence and happy to share them .These tips aren't my own, they were left by readers who left comments under various articles I read on electric fences and predators.Best of luck!

I had to use my phone to take this photo of the bob cat my neighbor posted on Facebook.

Attachments

• 20230811_135838 (1).jpg
    20230811_135838 (1).jpg
    782.3 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom