In need of advice!!

Another update, the two eggs that have greatly progressed appear to be very active!!!

One egg in particular I do believe has pipped, I now notice a tiny yellow spot on the edge of the air sac that I believe is either a small amount of blood or some fluid from the egg where my little buddy pipped. I do believe I see a bill in the air pocket hammering away a little distance from that yellow spot.

No audible peeps but slight pecking.

Any clues good or bad?

Hard for me to see, but as long as it's within the air cell and you can see their bill internally pipped and breathing, no biggie... sometimes when they internal pip, they'll push the membrane up against the shell with the bill to tear through it... a little smear of ick happens... if you see moving liquid in the air cell, then that is a worry...

Really big update!

Woke up this morning to find he put a nice break in the egg. He is still breathing but doesn't appear to have the urge to escape right now even though he has a nice hole. We made sure to make the opening just a tiny bit bigger so he can get air. Is this where we need to help out?

Awesome! And nope, no helping yet. Ducks take up to 48 hours to start zipping from the time they pip.

Back
Top Bottom