In need of advice!!

I'm worried that the exposed membrane will dry out before he can hatch? Should I try to find the shell pice and cover it or leave him be?

If your humidity is up, and you trust the measurement, it should be fine. You can always raise the humidity a bit if you are worried, as long as you don't get condensation. I like around 70%.

Big time progress! The little one had its first peep! It also gave me a nice show and coninued breaking his pip, once shoving its whole bill out. It has made the broken spot double in size!!

Well the little one is doing pretty good! I feel like I should be helping out slightly. It's been almost 12 hours. I just don't want him to be stuck. Im trust you guys at 48

Well the little one is doing pretty good! I feel like I should be helping out slightly. It's been almost 12 hours. I just don't want him to be stuck. Im trust you guys at 48

Nope, just let him be. Ducks are slow hatchers. If you help when he doesn't need it you can cause him to bleed out and die.

Thanks guys. Is moistening the membranes he exposes a good idea or just keeping humidity at 70?

Back
Top Bottom